Black Currant

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by theyhaveways

1 Tasting Note View all

From EnjoyingTea.com

This tea is made from top grade orange pekoe Ceylon with natural black currant flavoring. The Ceylon tea is grown at the altitude of 7000 feet above sea level from the Sri Lanka region. When brewed this tea produces a bright coppery color liquid with a black currant flavor and with touches of mild astringency. A fantastic fruit tea.

Black Currant is also known as Cassis. It is made into a very popular beverage throughout Europe, known for being aromatic in smell and in taste. This particular aspect of Black Currant is very evident on this tea

About EnjoyingTea.com View company

1 Tasting Note

This produces a cup of liquified burnt rubber…

I guess I may not be fair in scoring this, as I felt the need to write notes on teas I have not enjoyed. I got it as a free sample from EnjoyingTea.com with a purchase of a teapot.

You may know from my Marco Polo (Mariage Brothers) note, I am not a fan of flavoured teas. And this is one of the teas that has fueled my crusade against flavoured leaves.

The leaves are somewhat of quality: broken to full with contrast of browns and blacks, it has cornflowers added to it. I brewed this at boiling for five minutes in a 20 oz. white teapot. The resulting cup was that simply of liquified burnt rubber, I cannot pull myself to explain what the body was or any other tasting notes than that of liquified burnt rubber.

I threw the remaining leaves in the compost…

Again I say I’m not being quite fair here, but my experience from this tea is clearly that of my score. If I do try this again, for whatever reason, I would try brewing it at a lowered temp, and try some additions to it.