Black Currant

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by theyhaveways

This tea is made from top grade orange pekoe Ceylon with natural black currant flavoring. The Ceylon tea is grown at the altitude of 7000 feet above sea level from the Sri Lanka region. When brewed this tea produces a bright coppery color liquid with a black currant flavor and with touches of mild astringency. A fantastic fruit tea.

Black Currant is also known as Cassis. It is made into a very popular beverage throughout Europe, known for being aromatic in smell and in taste. This particular aspect of Black Currant is very evident on this tea

About View company

This produces a cup of liquified burnt rubber…

I guess I may not be fair in scoring this, as I felt the need to write notes on teas I have not enjoyed. I got it as a free sample from with a purchase of a teapot.

You may know from my Marco Polo (Mariage Brothers) note, I am not a fan of flavoured teas. And this is one of the teas that has fueled my crusade against flavoured leaves.

The leaves are somewhat of quality: broken to full with contrast of browns and blacks, it has cornflowers added to it. I brewed this at boiling for five minutes in a 20 oz. white teapot. The resulting cup was that simply of liquified burnt rubber, I cannot pull myself to explain what the body was or any other tasting notes than that of liquified burnt rubber.

I threw the remaining leaves in the compost…

Again I say I’m not being quite fair here, but my experience from this tea is clearly that of my score. If I do try this again, for whatever reason, I would try brewing it at a lowered temp, and try some additions to it.

Got a free sample of this one when I ordered a couple of yixing teapots.

I didn’t even steep this up. It smells so bad. It smelt like rubber. Even my husband was grossed out by the smell of it. I couldn’t even try it.. Oh well…

Eh, I’ve never had black currants before, so I don’t know how accurate the flavor here is, but to me this tasted like plastic. I had this cold brewed yesterday, and ended up dumping it out. Not a fan, and it’s going in the swap pile.

Iced 6 tsp 28 OZ / 828 ML

I got a Black Currant tea bag from H&S my last order…I like black currant in candy, but as a tea…eh, I’m not too sure about it. xD If you ever meet someone who really likes it on here tell them to hit me up because I don’t really want that tea bag haha