Pingshui Gunpowder

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Des

From EnjoyingTea.com

Our special grade gunpowder green tea comes from the Pingshui region of the northern Zheijiang province. After the tender young tea leaves has been withered and steamed, it is rolled into small pellets. Due to its compact rolling, this Pingshui Gunpowder stays fresh longer and less is required to make a great cup of tea. This tea produces a light greenish-yellow liquid and has a slightly smoky flavor with a smooth stimulating taste. The gunpowder is also known to be a very good drink in the morning.

About EnjoyingTea.com View company

One of my daughters brewed a pot for me to try tonight and it was delicate and delicious. it made a lovely golden brew that had a nice taste, but I could not identify any particular note.

Delicate, green taste. Beautiful tea, and overall an excellent brew. This was my first gunpowder green tea, and I’m impressed.

Kinda tastes like smoking a cigarette. Not exactly what I look for in a tea, but I kept with it because I needed to wake up. High caffeine levels for a green tea.

I enjoy the aroma more than the taste on this one. Pretty golden color. Steeped for 40 seconds just below boiling.