Dian Hong-Gold Buds-Premium

Edit tea info Last updated by ESGREEN

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was the tea I was drinking at work today. The lesson of the day was "don't judge a book by it's cover". I opened the samples packages and was immediately disappointed. The leaves were not...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 791 tasting notes

From ESGREEN

Yunnan is a region in China known for producing excellent black tea. Yunnan black is famous for its fat golden buds and our Yunnan Black Tea has a high concentration of these golden buds.
During third century BC, the central area of Yunnan, around present day Kunming (major city), was known as ‘Dian’. The name Dian Hong means “Yunnan Black tea”. Often Yunnan black teas are referred to as Dian Hong teas.

Other names: Yun Nan Black Tea, Gold bud, Yunnan Pure Gold

Grade:Premium

Appearance:
The leaves are purely golden in color and the infusion is amberish/yellow color.

After Brewing:
Tea brewed from our Dian Hong has a reddish brown color. The liquor is in bright red and orange color.

Taste:
Exceptionally smooth and delicate tea, with hint of malty taste. The aroma is strong sugary and floral with a slight roasted undertone.

About ESGREEN View company

1 Tasting Note

This was the tea I was drinking at work today. The lesson of the day was “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”.
I opened the samples packages and was immediately disappointed. The leaves were not all gold – about 60-40 gold/black – they weren’t as fuzzy as I would expect from a premium gold bud. Awwww – this isn’t what I was wanting.
It may not be the prettiest gold bud I’ve ever seen, but wow is it tasty. This is a great Dian hong. first couple of steeps are really chocolaty, smooth, sweet – but no starchy sweet potato. Fantastic tea. I’m really sorry that I only ordered samples of this – if I ever order from esgreen again – I’ll be picking more of this up.

TheTeaFairy