Dian Hong-Gold Buds-Premium

Cocoa, Coffee, Earth, Floral, Fruity, Grass, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by ESGREEN

• “This one took me a few sessions to realize how great it really is; these beautiful fuzzy golden buds brew up this wonderful combination of sweet coffee/cocoa mixed with these light floral tones and...” Read full tasting note
    cowsdef 36 tasting notes
  • “Another from dexter this one is a really smooth brew with lots of chocolate notes. This of course falls in to that comment dxter made a while back – about how many of a...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7426 tasting notes
  • “This was the tea I was drinking at work today. The lesson of the day was “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”. I opened the samples packages and was immediately disappointed....” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 978 tasting notes

From ESGREEN

Yunnan is a region in China known for producing excellent black tea. Yunnan black is famous for its fat golden buds and our Yunnan Black Tea has a high concentration of these golden buds.
During third century BC, the central area of Yunnan, around present day Kunming (major city), was known as ‘Dian’. The name Dian Hong means “Yunnan Black tea”. Often Yunnan black teas are referred to as Dian Hong teas.

Other names: Yun Nan Black Tea, Gold bud, Yunnan Pure Gold

Grade:Premium

Appearance:
The leaves are purely golden in color and the infusion is amberish/yellow color.

After Brewing:
Tea brewed from our Dian Hong has a reddish brown color. The liquor is in bright red and orange color.

Taste:
Exceptionally smooth and delicate tea, with hint of malty taste. The aroma is strong sugary and floral with a slight roasted undertone.

About ESGREEN View company

This one took me a few sessions to realize how great it really is; these beautiful fuzzy golden buds brew up this wonderful combination of sweet coffee/cocoa mixed with these light floral tones and dark rugged earth notes, it’s really quite a flavourful tea but it’s never overwhelming, and it’s not a difficult tea despite its obvious complexity. I’ve quite often forgotten about the tea brewing in my Gaiwan for a few minutes, (I do this way too often, it’s a problem) but when I do with this tea, it just becomes a bit darker and has more coffee-like notes, which isn’t even bad it just makes me a little sadder cause I’ll get a bit less flavour in the subsequent steeps. The first few steeps had a bit of fruity notes, though I’m not sure I could identify which fruit unless I started a new session. The darkness fades with each subsequent steep, revealing a lighter floral, even a little bit grassy (I’ve never called a black tea grassy before..) there’s no astringency or bitterness present.. Maybe the teeniest bit of astringency but you have to really want to notice it. A nice thing about this one is that the flavour lasts really well. it doesn’t really fade at all, you just need to know how long to steep it for; the 7th or 8th steep is just as flavourful as the 2nd or 3rd, unlike many teas which fade, at least in part, by then.

Oh, it’s also delicious western style; it doesn’t need milk or sweetener at all, cause it’s beautiful just the way it is :)

Flavors: Cocoa, Coffee, Earth, Floral, Fruity, Grass, Sweet

Another from dexter this one is a really smooth brew with lots of chocolate notes. This of course falls in to that comment dxter made a while back – about how many of a certain kind of tea do you really need? lol I quite enjoyed this one this morning and it makes me curious to try more es green teas if this is what they are selling. Thanks again for the sample dex!

OMGsrsly

Do you brew all these Western style?

depends on my mood. I always try to do a western brew because that’s how i take my travel mugs to work. if they don’t work via travel mug/western brew then it’s a harder choice to make in terms of keeping it in my cupboard.

OMGsrsly

Good idea. I’ll try half my samples gong fu and the other half western.

SO MANY TEAS!

Ugh I know.

OMGsrsly

65 that are 20g or less. That’s still 2-3 cups, unless I make GIANT MUGS.

I opened the samples packages and was immediately disappointed. The leaves were not all gold – about 60-40 gold/black – they weren’t as fuzzy as I would expect from a premium gold bud. Awwww – this isn’t what I was wanting.
It may not be the prettiest gold bud I’ve ever seen, but wow is it tasty. This is a great Dian hong. first couple of steeps are really chocolaty, smooth, sweet – but no starchy sweet potato. Fantastic tea. I’m really sorry that I only ordered samples of this – if I ever order from esgreen again – I’ll be picking more of this up.

TheTeaFairy