Lomi-Lomi (Aloe Vera)

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From ESP Emporium

Lomi-Lomi-Nui: an ancient Hawaiian temple ritual, which is based on the elements of massage, dance and energy. Lomi-Lomi is said to rid body, spirit and soul from old problems on an emotional, mental and spiritual basis and bring about inner peace. The touch with warm, pleasantly scented oils, gentle Hawaiian hula music and an ocean full of blossoms – this is what we are trying to project with our herb tea blend. Our creation with the flavor combination of aloe vera, delicate blossoms and tropical fruits is a celebration of the sense.

Ingredients: apple pieces, stinging nettle and strawberry leaves, pineapple cubes (pineapple, sugar), lemon grass, freeze-dried banana pieces, hibiscus blossoms, papaya cubes (papaya, sugar), rose petals, flavoring, Roman camomile, rose and mallow blossoms.

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Brew Temp: 203 to 212 degree F

Brew Time: 5 to 10 Minutes

About ESP Emporium View company

Received my swap package from Awkward Soul today! (And feel terrible because I haven’t sent mine out yet :/)

Brewed up a few teas a while ago, although they’ve since gone cold. Still going to review them! I couldn’t believe that the instructions for this one said 203-212F water – this certainly looks like a green tea to me?! So I went with ~82C.

The aroma is kind of fruity-floral. Or juicy floral. Although it tastes a touch rosy to me, the juiciness is making it quite delicious, actually! There’s an interesting hint of smokiness hiding in here as well. I… actually rather like this one, although I’m suspicious that it’s not actually the tea it’s supposed to be. I’m not sure if I infused this for 2 or 3 minutes, but there is a bit of bitterness showing up. Not sure if it’s an oversteeping or overleafing problem though, could be the latter. I’m only tasting the green tea a little bit here, but it’s better than in some blends!

Anyhow, thanks for a sample of whatever this tea may be, Awkward Soul! It’s pretty delicious! (Looking more closely, I’m pretty sure this is not the right tea. I saw a Strawberry/Lychee one by ESP pop up on the sidebar; that one would make far more sense. I have to go check my packets to see if I messed up or something!)

Re-steep (2.5 min) was a bit bitter but alright. Should have stuck to 2 min. I don’t think a third infusion would be worthwhile.

Awkward Soul

Oh crazy, when I got it I thought it was too leafy than i thought it was going to be, still tastes good. /shuffles through bag of lomilomi. I just found a raspberry in it, I don’t think that’s supposed to be in there. I’m thinking ESP screwed up /cry.

Kittenna

Yeah, there’s no way this is the right tea, since it contains what looks like sencha! I feel like I should move my review. Did any of your others teas from them look like the picture of this one?

Awkward Soul

nope, all the other teas in that order were sencha, black and rooibos, I didn’t get any herbals.

A very interesting tea. If you ever tried those asian aloevera drinks, this tea tastes like that, but without the aloe chunks. Very nice and refreshing.