Lime Deluxe

Fruit Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From ESP Emporium

The green and white teas are beautifully decorated with coconut chips, marigold blossoms and lemon granules. The scent is dominated by creamy lime notes. The palate experiences true finesse: a delicately fruity champagne taste beguiles a soft citrus flavor – what an indulgence! Combined with the fine flavor of the smooth tea base, you have found a real flavored tea triumph!

Ingredients: China Sencha, Lung Ching, Pai Mu Tan (88 % total tea), coconut chips, flavoring, freeze-dried lemon granules (lemon juice, malt dextrin, sucrose, potato starch, natural lemon oil), marigold blossoms.

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Brew Temp: 176 to 194 degree F

Brew Time: 2 to 3 Minutes

About ESP Emporium View company

Sipdown! 826.

You know, I could see myself picking this one up again. I see I previously also liked it a fair bit – there’s a clear, creamy lime flavour (more along the lines of 52teas’ Lime Jello than Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon, in case anyone’s wondering), and at 2 minutes, the cup is quite smooth. I imagine it would make a great iced tea, so perhaps once my stash is a bit lower (i.e. next year), I’ll wait for an ESP Emporium sale and pick up a bag of this for summer 2014. (I can hope!)

It smells like lime but there is also a strong coconut element there too. Like some sort of posh tropical cocktail I could just imagine drinking on a beach in Hawaii…with Alex O’Loughlin from Hawaii 5.0 sitting next to me of course. wink wink

The flavour is strongly coconut again and it takes over the lime and citrus tones. The coconut is sweet and creamy, rather fresh and pure tasting which is a nice surprise. In the after taste there is a slight sourness from the lime which is where it really makes itself known amongst the blend but it remains very mild.

I really like this blend, it’s subtle but very exotic and fresh. I have a fair bit of this left too so I can try and play around with the temperature, maybe try it iced.

Lala

I am so addicted to Hawaii 5-O right now. I watched a rerun during the summer and ended up recording all the previous seasons and now spend all week waiting to watch for each new episode.

I don’t know why I took so long to try this one. It makes a lovely iced tea!

It does remind me of Lime Jello Salad from 52teas but a bit different. The creaminess in this one comes from coconut, and the coconut also adds a nice flavor. There’s a lot of lemon in here too so it’s not straight lime. Not sure I like that part because it tastes a little fake.

Coconut and lime are awesome together, though. This really isn’t that interesting of a tea to say anything else about. It’s pretty fluffy so it needs its space for steeping. It has a lot of twigs in it. I pulled one out that looked like a toothpick. No thanks.

CupofTree

Ew me no like tooth pick tea :/