Darjeeling

Tea Bag
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MushroomBugg

From Fairglobe

Product description not available yet.

About Fairglobe View company

I taste the paper
Unfamiliar darjeeling
The tea or tea bag?

So, I didn’t like the last darjeeling I had either. I’m starting to wonder if I just don’t like darjeelings, or if it’s a quality issue since I’m back to swapped bag teas after a binge of loose leaf. I’m still not sure what flavor to specifically associate with a darjeeling, so who knows. The only way I finished this cup was with a lot of brown sugar dumped in.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

What temperature did you brew it at? Darjeelings can taste just awful when brewed in boiling or really hot water like other black teas…I thought I hated them for years because of it!

Cheri

also, different darjeelings taste really different, and most teas just labeled “darjeeling” are of low quality. I could send you some of a variety of flushes and qualities if you would like.

MushroomBugg

Amanda, maybe that’s the problem! I have one bag left; I’ll try it today with cooler water.
Cheri, would you? That would be so sweet! At this point, I wouldn’t try money on looseleaf darjeelings. But maybe if I had something of quality, it would change my mind…

Cheri

Message me your address, and if I have any other teas in my cupboard that you’re interested in. I’ll get a package to you out in the next weekish.

Bought this today from local Lidl. Don’t have high expectations, but…

Yes, this smells like good Darjeeling should. But wow, this is very plain tasting. Doesn’t taste anything. This needs either sugar or milk.

After adding sugar, this is much better. This tea doesn’t go high in my ranks, but its cheap, Fair Trade and Organic. Maybe honey would also add some taste to this.

I totally add unrefined cane sugar.