Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by celuzza

From Fashionista Tea

A profusion of flavors all come together in this rich chocolaty blend, with an exotic twist of coconut, perfect as a dessert tea with or without milk.

Loose – 4.0oz (114g)

Sachets – 1.6oz (45g)

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees

Caffeine Level: Medium

Steep Time: 3-5 minutes

Suggested Serving Size: 1 tsp. of tea per 6-8 oz.

Ingredients: Indian Black Tea, Toasted Coconut, Vanilla, Chocolate and Organic Rooibos*

About Fashionista Tea View company

This one smells nice…sweet, chocolaty, coconutty, and vanilla.

The taste is a bit different than I assumed it would be. Not bad, just different. It’s not overly chocolaty…but there is a bit there. The coconut is the flavor that steps-up and lingers on my tongue more than the other ingredients.

The Vanilla makes it a creamier experience.

This is pretty good. Not bad at all.

Backlog:

This tea took me by surprise … first in learning that it wasn’t just a rooibos blend, but a black tea and rooibos blend. The combination of these two leaves makes for a lighter base, and I think that this allows for a richer chocolate flavor to come through. I also love the coconut and vanilla additions to this … it gives the cup a smooth, creamy, sweet profile. It’s a bit like a latte without dairy. Nice!

I liked it a whole lot!

PS: I can’t say enough about how awesome the packaging is from Fashionista too! It is REALLY fun to receive a package from them.

I wasn’t a fan of this one, even though it has lots of white and dark chocolate chips in it! I think it was the red rooibos. Sometimes red rooibos just doesn’t work for me as it reminds me of those smelly red woodchips used in gardens. The wateryness of the rooibos also didn’t help.

Anyways, this one is really chocolatey and rooibosy – I think others who enjoy rooibos would dig this, but it wasn’t for me. I’m going to put the rest of this tea in the Here’s Hoping Travelling TeaBox3 so I hope it finds a nice home.