Softness and Chocolate - Douceur et Chocolat

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “I am trying to finish a lot of teas I got around, for de-cluttering purposes and as trying to justify going tea shopping one of these days. Still had a bit of this left, brewed up a new cup. A very...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 330 tasting notes

From Fauchon

Product description not available yet.

About Fauchon View company

I am trying to finish a lot of teas I got around, for de-cluttering purposes and as trying to justify going tea shopping one of these days. Still had a bit of this left, brewed up a new cup. A very generous helping of tea (this is pricier than all of my Mariage Freres mixes, even Fujiyama and Lapsang Souchong Impérial), one sugar and some milk. Drinkable stuff but not wow.

Just adding a new note because this time I got another distinct note which I had never identified before, besides the chocolate and vanilla : almond, a subtle sweet almond rather than a strong bitter almond undernote. It´s still a sort of meh tea though and even for me, who likes “delicate”, the base tea is a wimp.

Meh.

Ysaurella

Fauchon is more than often overpricing its products. However the quality is not always there (right as well for its food in general, not only its teas)

cteresa

Going by this tea, I totally agree! I was a sucker, though actually this was a tea I could look at and smell before buying, it smelled awesome (well, concentrated in a huge tin) and I thought I could see the little bits of cocoa and vanilla beans chopped up on it. But brewed up, what a disappointment. I am going to give Fauchon teas a wide berth from now on.