Un Apres-Midi a Paris (Afternoon in Paris)

Black Tea, Orange Flavoring, Orange Peel, Pink Lotus Flavor, Rose Petals, Vanilla Flavour, White Rose Petals
Orange, Rose, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by omgwtfbgd

From Fauchon

FAUCHON vous propose un mélange ensoleillé et onctueux à inspiration slave, composé de parfums d’orange de Floride, de vanille de Madagascar et de rose de Bulgarie.

About Fauchon View company

1994 tasting notes

Thanks again to ToiToi for this sample. Am I torturing myself with more French teas (with names like An Afternoon in Paris) that fuel my desire to go back to Paris? Perhaps. But I want to try them anyway.

I’m not sure where I got the strong idea that Fauchon’s teas were not reviewed well; I looked again and some of them aren’t but most of them have few if any reviews. Well now I just feel stupid for missing out on the Fauchon sale recently. Anyway! When steeped up this tea powerfully reminds me of another tea but I cannot place it. Maybe it’s just the vanilla, which is super strong in the aroma.

Wow I just had an intensely sweet sip and I’m not sure where that came from but it was delicious. When I first started sipping this it was like, ok, powerful vanilla flavor, pretty decent. Now it’s like… guh. Vanilla! Rose! A hint of bright citrus! The flavors are so thick and lush it is like you are being immersed in them. This tea is not playing around. I’ve not always had success with vanilla and rose in the past for some reason, but here it plays out so well. The vanilla is rich and sweet, the rose is heavy and luxurious. The orange doesn’t have a starring part but it plays backup well, preventing this tea from getting too heavy. The tea base is hearty enough to stand up to it all and not have it feel weak or without depth.

Man, now I really feel stupid for missing out on the Fauchon sale a few weeks ago. Well, more reason to go to Paris.

Terri HarpLady

sounds yummy!

JacquelineM

I took a peek at the site. I love the packaging! The teas sound so lovely.

momo

Even getting teas from it, I still want to go back to Paris. Having them either way makes it worse! And that raspberry macaron tea…that wasn’t part of the sale and I neeeeeed it.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Oh my! Do you have any of this left that you would be willing to swap?

Oh my gosh!!!!! Is anyone still going to order from Fauchon on the Vente-Privee sale? If so can you please add the tin of this for me please?!!! I’ll pay you the $12! I already placed my order yesterday and totally forgot I had a sample of this and I fell in love with it today when I had it after work! Pretty pretty please?!?! Of rather not have to pay for shipping twice and play 2 different orders.

Anyways this tea is delicious! This was another glorious tea from my great box box of Dexter tea! This reminds me of the very first loose leaf I ever tried that I keep near and dear to my heart and always restock it no matter what! My glorious Victorian vanilla from a farmers market business back home.

This is a great balance of rose and vanilla and u get that citrus after note!
I really hope I can get my hands on this before it is too late!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
boychik

Sorry I placed the order on a 1st day. If I’m not going to be madly in love with this tea I can sell you or swap some. Also I got chocolate eclaire ;)

BrewTEAlly Sweet

If you don’t like it I would totally buy it from you!!! And oh my gosh! I’m so jealous you got the chocolate eclair!!!

boychik

And I can share it as well

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Awesome!!! Can’t wait to see the review!

Dustin

I bought a tin of this… and sadly I hate it. I could barely get to the bottom of my first and only cup. Still looking to buy some?

i think… that perhaps fauchon and i don’t get along. Dinosara sent this one my way, and i really thought i would like it but the floral taste is too much for me. I don’t get much in the way of vanilla, though it is there for me a bit. Instead it feels very much like i’m back in my grandmother’s bathroom smelling her floral hand creams. Only that’s what it tastes like to me. bah. Oh well, can’t win them all, and if you like rose, you’d probably really like this tea.

Dinosara

Haha yes, this one is a rosey one. There are others (that I don’t have now) that are less floral that you would probably like more.

i like trying ALL THE TEA! so it was still fun, and it means there’s a little left over for the gals out here :)

This tea is amazing! reminds me so much to paris this winter!!!! one of my favorites

My very favorite flavored black tea (although I prefer it loose).

Verna L. Hamilton

I prefer this tea loose also and am saddened that Fauchon is no longer in New York. Quelle domage!

Aw, this is my last Fauchon sample from Dinosara… Sad day! I put off trying this tea yesterday because dry, it smells insanely floral. The leaf itself is mostly small black tea leaves with quite a few rose petals mixed in. Dry scent is powerful rose with a sweetness that reminds me of powdered sugar or candy. I brewed for 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

I wasn’t very excited to try this one, but the aroma started to get me there. It’s mostly vanilla, surprisingly! There is also some floral there and a bit of citrus. Unfortunately for me, that strong vanilla aroma doesn’t really carry over to the taste side. The beginning of the sip is mostly citrus with a bit of vanilla in there, while the middle and end are dominated by the rose flavor (blegh). Aww, I was so excited too… :(

Flavors: Orange, Rose, Vanilla

Stephanie

Boo, I like this one :)

Cameron B.

To each her own! I just tend to not love floral, especially rose. :P

Dinosara

Yup, that’s the beauty of sharing samples! It’s true, if you love rose, you are in a good place to love many of Fauchon’s teas. :D

Cameron B.

Thanks again for sending me samples! Whether I liked all of them or not, it’s a positive experience and it helps me narrow down what I want next time they’re up for sale. :D

Backlogging again!

I drank this on Saturday. Served some to my husband too, and we both really enjoyed it! I didn’t take detailed notes at the time, so I’ll wait till next time to give it a rating. It definitely had some strong florals, but the citrus and vanilla notes rounded it out nicely. Like other Fauchon I’ve encountered the base is mellow and pleasant. I think this would make a really lovely perfume! I don’t say that often about a tea I actually enjoy drinking ;)

Thank you so much boychik!

I cold steeped some of this in the fridge overnight and I have to say it is LOADS better than when I tried it hot. It is still really weird and I still get a ton of baby powder flavor, but the raisin taste has faded and some of the orange and rose has come out on the sip. The aftertaste is still all powder tho. If the flavors from the sip lingered into the aftertaste, I’d have a winner here, but I just can’t get past the powder mouth.

Iced
Stephanie

baby powder gag

TeaBrat

Where do you get Fauchon teas in the US?

Dustin

There was a sale from Vente Prive. It is one of those places that gets a limited quantity of stuff from particular brands and does a flash sale. Keep an eye on the sale threat we have on the forum. Someone always posts when they are doing a Fauchon sale. Last year people were finding it at stores like Home Goods and Tjmaxx too, but it is really random there too.

Wonderful rich marvelous tea.