Un Soir de France (An Evening in France)

Apricot Flavour, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Orange Flavoring, Orange Peels, Rose Petals, Sunflower Petals
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “Today I have decided to have teas I really like, even if I can't completely taste them. My BFF has gone grocery shopping for me (club soda, OJ, cat food) and is getting me breakfast (spicy...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *OMGsrsly* for giving me the chance to try the infamous Fauchon teas! As soon as I opened the bag, I was hit with roses. And some fruits, maybe peach? Oh, that's apricot....” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, *ToiToi*! When I was in Paris, I was not really SUPER into tea but I knew of Mariage Freres and I honestly think it was a good thing that when I stared at the Fauchon things at La...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “bit by bit fauchon i are coming to an understanding. =0) everyone loves fauchon. i have loved the smells.... but the taste kept falling short. sigh. i began to create a list of personal...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes

From Fauchon

Black tea flavored with apricot, sweet orange and blood orange.
From Fauchon’s website: “A fragrant blend combining the flavors of apricot, sweet orange and blood orange, livened with orange peels, rose petals and sunflower petals.”
Ingredients: Black tea (Sri Lanka, China), apricot flavouring, rose petals, orange peels, sunflower petals, natural orange flavouring.

About Fauchon View company

Today I have decided to have teas I really like, even if I can’t completely taste them.

My BFF has gone grocery shopping for me (club soda, OJ, cat food) and is getting me breakfast (spicy Vietnamese beef stew with rice noodles).

I can breathe through my nose.

Things are looking up.

Tea, your texture is amazing. I can tell you taste like delicious things, even if I can’t really taste you. You’re sort of hinting at a bake shop today, which is interesting. I’m guessing that’s the black tea and honey commingling and making something delicious.

Courtney

Yay for things looking up :) I hope you can taste again soon!

MissB

Feel better soon! I’d send you over some Grapefruit Seed Oil if I had a less insane schedule this week. It seems to wipe out my colds in a day or so lately.

OMGsrsly

No worries, MissB. My BFF came over with some stuff for me. Although… grapefruit seed oil? Not an essential oil, but something you consume? I wonder if I can convince her to swing by the health food store for me.

Thanks to OMGsrsly for giving me the chance to try the infamous Fauchon teas! As soon as I opened the bag, I was hit with roses. And some fruits, maybe peach? Oh, that’s apricot. Touché.

Flavour-wise, this is also heavy on the rose with apricot lingering in the background. But actually, the more I drink this, the more it also tastes like the orange flavour in Terry’s chocolate oranges. It really blends well with the rose.

The base is also a little astringent. It’s actually pretty good. I would have never thought to have combined roses and oranges. Maybe as a perfume but not in a tea!

OMGsrsly

I, uhh, don’t remember what I sent you. :)

Fjellrev

I’m going to guess this one came from you since you recently bought some? Or perhaps Sil is, as usual, may have 49382 teas up her sleeve.

But who knows!

OMGsrsly

Oh sorry, yeah. This one was from me. I think also Naissance?

Sil does indeed have 736349 teas up her sleeve. I fear for your cupboard. :D

Thank you, ToiToi!

When I was in Paris, I was not really SUPER into tea but I knew of Mariage Freres and I honestly think it was a good thing that when I stared at the Fauchon things at La Grande Epicerie de Paris I did not even notice tea because I was entranced by chocolate.

If you have never been to Paris and are obsessed with food, it is basically the coolest place ever. Especially if you want to see things you consider commonplace like marshmallows treated like an exotic luxury.

So of course I love this and I cannot find any way to get Fauchon over here…it’s like when they closed their NYC shop they gave up entirely on North America. And of course I am already in love with this tea.

I was a bit cautious about steeping it for 4 minutes but it was so good. Such a smooth black tea, and the orange flavor tastes so real. I just ate an amazing orange last night. I was surprised at how pink the flesh was, and found out from a friend it’s a cara cara orange! I never had one before, it was sosososo good. I never get oranges unless they are blood oranges, and that one was just mind changing.

This tea definitely tastes like that, I think that might be a combination of the orange and blood orange flavorings. I don’t get the tartness of blood orange but there’s that different sweetness they have. There’s just a little apricot in there too, but it’s mostly orange.

This makes me miss France :(

Miss Starfish

Sounds delish!

Kittenna

Yeeeaaah I need to go to Paris if just for the foodstuff!

Dinosara

Love Paris, love Caracara oranges. :D

bit by bit fauchon i are coming to an understanding. =0)

everyone loves fauchon. i have loved the smells…. but the taste kept falling short. sigh.

i began to create a list of personal rules.
1) i like fauchon greens better than fauchon blacks (who would have predicted?)

2) i like a 3 minute steep not a 4 or 5.
3) i like the water a tad cooler on each.
4) last and most important: i like nothing in them at all. no sweetener, no cream, nothing.

huh.

the orange and apricot are clear, the peach is intermittant….. SOMEWHERE i am getting a hint of chocolate? very, very lightly. which is interesting. i don’t think it would be nearly as nice if it had been on purpose, lol.

very smooth, very light…. nice to know fauchon and i are getting on! thanks to ifjuly for this!

Fjellrev

I swear my mind plays tricks with me when it comes to a “ghost” chocolate note too. I mentioned in my review that I associate the orange note in here with a Terry’s chocolate orange. It’s the same kind of orange flavour, so it automatically leads your mind to also think of chocolate?

JustJames

you and i seem to have very similar palates too…. we both get banana with the malted choco mate, remember? we both thought we were nuts….. okay, we may still be, but at least we’re nuts together, lol.

yes, btw, this should be renamed terry’s tea. it’s uncanny.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I’m sure Kittenna once mentioned that roasted mates taste like banana to her too. Either way, we may all be nuts, but nuts together it is!

But I’m glad you’re getting that same vibe from this tea. So odd considering how rosy (at least to me) it initially smells.

JustJames

inception versus evolution can be such a strange journey…..

Mmmm this was a great ending to my day. Yesterday I took the boyfriend to Oakland to see the golden state warriors play the Miami heat (NBA game)his friends and I all pitched in and bought the tickets for his birthday last week, and we stayed San Francisco. This morning we took a walk down to union square and had breakfast at the cutest little French bakery. Then I was off to a stop at LUSH which was a must!
This tea made me wish i was in France tonight! I never give fruit teas a chance. At least not hot brews. I usually cold steep them. This was delicious though!
Definitely taste the blood orange and the rose who would have known it would be a great pair. These French tea makers are genius! Genius I tell you!

Stephanie

Heck yeah LUSH! :)

Dreaming of an evening in France on this snowy morning in Ohio. Sigh.

This is very nice, although I think perhaps I didn’t have enough leaf because it’s a little weaker than I have come to expect from Fauchon. I could smell the rose and fruit in this but I hadn’t looked up what else was in it before drinking it. I definitely got a lot of orangey citrus from this, so that’s good. Nicely rosy, and the bae as a really yummy cookie-ish note. Really it’s just something that I often find in rose and/or bergamot teas that comes across as sugar cookie to me, and I think it’s really the way the flavoring is interacting with the base. Very pleased with this one as well.

Terri HarpLady

That actually sounds kind of nice!

OMGsrsly

I really like this one. :) Next time I have it I’ll have to see if I can detect sugar cookie.

ifjuly

I dug this one a lot too! But I guess I’ve loved nearly every Fauchon tea I’ve tried so far. :b

I’ve made this one a couple times now but held off on my review as I forgot and oversteeped it once which was hardly the fault of the tea. My first comment on this (picked up from Winners) is that the tin is AWESOME. It is a lovely oval with an inner and outer lid – the tin is definitely going ot be reused after it is drained of it’s glory.

The tea itself is quite nice. It is flavoured, but delicately and tastes very natural and authentic. It comes off as a lightly sweet black tea with some peach/apricot notes and the lightest hint of orange at the end. I actually would like a bit more orange in the mix, but I can understand why it isn’t stronger. I didn’t notice any rose but it did hold up well to a second steeping with similar (though muted) flavours.

It’s a nice tea that I can definitely enjoy drinking but not pine for when it is gone. I am glad to have tried one of the “fancy French teas” though. I was feeling left out. :)

Starting my morning with an evening in France! heh! Thanks boychik!

There is a lot of juicy apricot going on here. Also as expected, the nice mild base and floral overtones signature to Fauchon. Very enjoyable. I could picture it being a pleasant evening tea. Man, I want to go visit Paris some day! If I ever get to, I’m totally going to the Fauchon store!!!

Dinosara

Fauchon’s store is a totally dazzling array of goodies… I love it! It’s hard for me to leave that store without spending an absurd amount of money, not just on teas but jams, candies, etc…

Stephanie

Yes! I can only imagine…if/when I get to go I will have to budget quite a bit for Fauchon. My car will be paid off in a year, and after that I’m going to stick so much money in savings! The plan is to save up for a trip to France in approximately 5 years. I just want to eat so much food and look at so much art, hahaha :D