La Rose (Loose Tea Tin)

Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by binary0018
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “Thanks to *ToiToi* for this sample! I have to say, I have been interested in trying some of Fauchon's teas because the flavors look so up my alley, but I haven't primarily because they haven't...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1911 tasting notes
  • “Couldn't resist having this again this morning. I've been in a rose tea mood today. I was suppose to go to the dentist this morning, but it snowed. Now, normally cities that it snows in can...” Read full tasting note
    tuscanteal 130 tasting notes
  • “This is the first loose tea I've ever brewed, and it's been a wonderful introduction. I've been an occasional tea drinker since childhood, learning from my mother and grandmother. Both favor...” Read full tasting note
    Allison Hanna 2 tasting notes

From Fauchon

Whole leaf black tea with rose flavour.
From Fauchon’s website: “The delicate flavour of the rose mixes with the full, softness of the Chinese tea to create a fresh and balanced tea.”
Ingredients:
Black tea (China), rose petals (1%), rose-lotus flavour.

About Fauchon View company

1911 tasting notes

Thanks to ToiToi for this sample! I have to say, I have been interested in trying some of Fauchon’s teas because the flavors look so up my alley, but I haven’t primarily because they haven’t gotten great reviews here on Steepster. But getting some samples from ToiToi of a few Fauchon teas was optimal! I decided to start with this, a simple rose black tea. This one actually has no reviews yet! Also I went on to their site to add another tea to the database and saw they have a new tea: Rose and Litchi (lychee). Be still my heart! I want that tea so badly.

This tea smells strongly of sweet sweet rose candy. Not just rose but candied rose. You can tell that this is not going to pull any punches in the rose department (yay!). This is quite nice! Strongly rosey, and thankfully a tasty black tea base as well. Keemun perhaps? It’s a bit malty and has that “chinese black” taste that I can now seem to identify. As sweet as its smelled, the flavor is less sweet but still rosey in a rose candy kind of way. Anyway, this makes me more excited to try the rest of my samples, and makes me want the Rose et Litchi tea even more!

Terri HarpLady

I enjoy rose teas, & this sounds tasty!

Couldn’t resist having this again this morning. I’ve been in a rose tea mood today. I was suppose to go to the dentist this morning, but it snowed. Now, normally cities that it snows in can handle these things, but it rarely snows where I live, and it is better to stay inside away from any roads. So I cancelled, took my pooch for a long 2 hour walk and then came home to a nice warm house. I then helped my neighbour make table number displays for her upcoming wedding. I was feeling romantic because I was living vicariously through my neighbour and her soon to be nuptials. There are some DT teas on sale right now with Rose in them, I am tempted… very tempted!!!

This is the first loose tea I’ve ever brewed, and it’s been a wonderful introduction. I’ve been an occasional tea drinker since childhood, learning from my mother and grandmother. Both favor Constant Comment teabags, which I drank exclusively throughout my 4 years of college whenever I felt homesick.
I spotted this tea in the checkout line at Home Goods. My tin looks different than this image, it’s all gold with a pink rose image front and center. It’s really lovely, although I’m afraid this may indicate that my tea is particularly old. My tin reads “Parfume / La Rose / Rose Tea / Fauchon Paris.” Does anyone know what’s behind this golden packaging?
I’m no tea expert of course, but I am a fine fragrance collector. This black rose tea appealed to me because I love rose scented perfumes. I was very satisfied with the subtle rose flavor in this tea. The scent of roses is sweet and very pleasant. It is light and not at all powdery or overpowering. The tea tastes as sweet as it smells, with a comforting hint of rose that doesn’t compete with the black tea. I found it very harmonious and relaxing.
I plan to hold on to this tin even after my tea is gone, because the golden color is very pretty. I will most likely choose another rose tea, recommendations are welcome!

Flavors: Rose