Un Soir De France

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Then had this one for afternoon tea before heading out to do errands and stuff. This was delicious too! At the risk of painting too broad a brushstroke my first impression of Fauchon is that it...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes

From Fauchon

A black tea with the flavors of apricot, sweet orange and blood orange, livened up with orange peels, rose petals and helianthus petals. A delicate and fragrant blend ideal for beginning the evening peacefully.

Black tea (China), flavorings, apricot, orange peel, rose petals, helianthus petals.

Allergens
May contain traces of nuts.

About Fauchon View company

1 Tasting Note

Then had this one for afternoon tea before heading out to do errands and stuff. This was delicious too! At the risk of painting too broad a brushstroke my first impression of Fauchon is that it reminds me of what Kusmi teas seem to be trying to do, but done right—where there’s a uniform quality to how the flavors and scents blend with the tea base, it’s subtle and light in taste yet perfume-y, evocative more than substantial, in a specific French sort of way I can’t describe well. Honestly, with the Kusmis I’ve tried so far the connection between the fragrance and the base, that thin/weak, usually-always-tastes-the-same,-light-and-perfumed thing the tea itself has going on, doesn’t do much for me even as I can see what it’s going for. So far, Fauchon feels like it aims for similar but works in a way the Kusmis haven’t for me. Lovely. Husband loved this one too, kept putting his nose to the cup between sips. Really pleased this out-of-nowhere foray into a company I didn’t know about has been positive, not at all disappointing so far.

JustJames

many of the tea apothecaries work side by side with parfumeries. many of the apothercaries produce perfume as well. learning french teas was essential in my evolution of tea love… but it has changed the way i view all loose leaf now.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

You are making me daydream… And so jealous :)

Dinosara

FYI, I was recently informed by Ysaurella that Fauchon doesn’t blend their own teas but actually sources their blends from Dammann Frères! Of course Fauchon has a lot of proprietary blends that I assume Dammann blends just for them. I always figured that’s why I love Fauchon teas so much.

cteresa

I know precisely what you mean by Kusmi, a brand which is pretty ubiquitous but whose blends are mostly just wrong to me. Though Fauchon I only tried one of their teas (which was a dud, and why I have been avoiding it mostly).

ifjuly

Dinosara, ah, the plot thickens! That is verrrrry interesting news, thanks for sharing. Makes me even more excited now to try some DF.