L'Abricot

Apricot Flavour, Black Tea
Apricot, Chocolate, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Random Carpe Diem

3 Images

• “thanks *missb!* dry, this tea smells divine! 100% apricot and none of that dastardly peach flavour. Once brewed however, the apricot isn't nearly as intense as i wanted it to be. The base tea is...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5059 tasting notes
  • “Another excellent tea swap from *Dexter3657* I'm quite impressed that this tea reads 100% apricot and NOT peach! I'm enjoying it hot but I bet it would be fantastic iced. The black base is super...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 939 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 116. Thanks to *MissB* for this sample! I am saving the rest of it to give to my friend who almost bought a tin of the apricot at TJ Maxx the other day but didn't. Now she can see if she...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1990 tasting notes
  • “This smells as divine dry as it tastes brewed. A subtle apricot without added peach. The black base is perfect; without any detected astringency. It is lovely sweetened with a bit of stevia. I...” Read full tasting note
    CelebriTea 129 tasting notes

From Fauchon

The wooded tea and the notes of fruity apricot reveal with elegance a gourmet and sunny cup of tea.

Black tea (China, Sri Lanka), apricot flavor, flavor.

About Fauchon View company

thanks missb! dry, this tea smells divine! 100% apricot and none of that dastardly peach flavour. Once brewed however, the apricot isn’t nearly as intense as i wanted it to be. The base tea is nice without any bitterness and i’m guessing with a little sweetner added to this, the apricot flavours would pop just a little more. Thanks a ton for sharing missb!

MissB

Heh. Working through our swap, I see… the easy stuff to sipdown. ;) I think all the Fauchon’s are labeled 4-5 min steeps, however I think I need to try them at 3 minutes to get more flavor out of them.

hey… small sipdowns = faster at getting back to a manageable number. And i was alternating between yours and teafairy’s :) I find weekends are good for flavoured sipdowns.

Another excellent tea swap from Dexter3657

I’m quite impressed that this tea reads 100% apricot and NOT peach! I’m enjoying it hot but I bet it would be fantastic iced. The black base is super smooth. Simple yet sophisticated!

TheTeaFairy

I adore peach teas, This would totally work for me!

Dexter

Glad you are enjoying it Stephanie.

TheTeaFairy – those are the kind of comments that cause additional teas to be added to “your” box. Just thought I would give you fair warning on how this works. :))

TheTeaFairy

Yay, i was hopping you’d say that, hahaha!

Dexter

LOL – good to know we are both on the same page…..

1990 tasting notes

Sipdown, 116. Thanks to MissB for this sample! I am saving the rest of it to give to my friend who almost bought a tin of the apricot at TJ Maxx the other day but didn’t. Now she can see if she wants to go back, haha.

This smells very apricot-y, which obviously makes sense. Like apricot jam, in that it is very concentrated apricot, not the light flavor I get from fresh fruit. The flavor is nice: sweet and tart at the same time, not unlike apricot jam. The black tea base is not hiding here, either; it is smooth but robust. I think there is perhaps a bit of keemun in here (they only say black tea from China and Sri Lanka). Overall a tasty tea. I am sure it would make a lovely iced tea as well!

This smells as divine dry as it tastes brewed.
A subtle apricot without added peach.
The black base is perfect; without any detected astringency.
It is lovely sweetened with a bit of stevia.
I would not sweeten with honey as I am afraid it would
upset the delicate balance…jmho…
Thank you, Miss B, I appreciate your generosity.
This tea is beautiful ♡

2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

you’re back! you’re back! :D

MissB

Oh, I’m so glad you like it! Even happier to see you back, mirroring Sil’s sentiments. :)

CelebriTEA

Thank you dear friends.
still up and down a bit, but trying to keep my head screwed on straight
lol

Not a good start to the year so far. I have been very on and off with my tea notes. I wanted to do all the teas I drink, but so far haven’t done that.

This was today’s choice. I’m changing my diet significantly and am having this with some almond milk and stevia. It’s delicious. The almond brings out the apricot quite nicely and ends it with a nutty note.

Delicious!

TheTeaFairy

Nice to have you back :-)

Tuscanteal

Aww thank you!!!

This cup is thanks to MissB.

I am packaging up some tea to pass along and this is a tea that was requested. There were only about 2-3 tsp of this one so I took a small tsp and brewed up a cup to give it a quick try. This one is okay. It is one is okay. I definitely oversteeped it this time around. The beginning of the sip is fruity, but the end for me is very bitter. If I had it to do again I think I would cold brew this one. It seems like it would bring out the fruit taste.

Thank you Dexter3657! I’m happy I got to experiment more with Fauchon, but I found that this didn’t have enough fruit for me. It was barely apricot? I still enjoyed trying it; I just wouldn’t buy any.

I bet Lupicia would have an amazing apricot tea! :D
(200)

Dustin

There are a lot of flavors I think about and think that Lupicia would do an amazing version of.

Apricots are my favorite food group.

But it is so hard to find an apricot tea that is not artificial or weird tasting or bitter. I am sure most fruit flavoured teas have this problem but I love apricots so much that I want a genuine flavoured tea.

I picked this one up hoping that the French would be able to stay true to my beloved apricot. The smell of the dry tea reminds me of thick and pulpy freshly made apricot juice.

The taste is ok. A bit lacklustre. But I did make it at work and although I think I have a pretty good set up at work, it is still a work set up. I am definitely getting real notes of apricot. But it feels and tastes artificially sweetened. The apricot flavour it working really well with the black tea base that is am finding very subtle.

I think next time I need to use a bit more leaf. But otherwise, this is the closest- to -apricot tea I have ever had. I bet a bit of bergamot would make this tea divine. Mmmmmm. Apricots and bergamot…

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

2067 tasting notes

Sipdown (168/170)!

I wonder if I could make 150 by the end of the month. Probably not. I guess I’ll leave it as an “absent minded goal”. If I hit it, great. If not – meh.

Anyway, I made this to go in the timolino but without milk so I could get an impression of what it tastes like straight. I almost regret doing so though, because even though the fruitiness of the apricot came through and there’s was still a honey like quality to the black tea there was also a lot of astringency and some underlying bitterness. I steeped it the same way as last time too (minus the milk added after steeping) so I don’t think I can really blame user error.

Hmmm…

Anyway – it wasn’t awful, just not particularly good either. I don’t think I’ll really miss this one…

VariaTEA

I am aiming for 150 too. In theory that is only 8 teas and therefore totally doable but I am sure there will be swaps waiting for me when I get home on the 27th and that will put me back over.

hahaha

I served this to one of my students & her mother, lightly sweetened. Everybody loved it! I drank a small ‘jello shot’ cup of it, & although it initially tasted a little soapy to me, when I let it sit for a minute, the soapiness went away & it was a tasty treat.
Thanks to Lala for sharing a bit of this. :)