L'Abricot

Apricot, Malt, Earth, Smoke, Peach, Smooth, Sweet, Chocolate, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Random Carpe Diem

3 Images

From Fauchon

The wooded tea and the notes of fruity apricot reveal with elegance a gourmet and sunny cup of tea.

Black tea (China, Sri Lanka), apricot flavor, flavor.

About Fauchon View company

thanks missb! dry, this tea smells divine! 100% apricot and none of that dastardly peach flavour. Once brewed however, the apricot isn’t nearly as intense as i wanted it to be. The base tea is nice without any bitterness and i’m guessing with a little sweetner added to this, the apricot flavours would pop just a little more. Thanks a ton for sharing missb!

MissB

Heh. Working through our swap, I see… the easy stuff to sipdown. ;) I think all the Fauchon’s are labeled 4-5 min steeps, however I think I need to try them at 3 minutes to get more flavor out of them.

hey… small sipdowns = faster at getting back to a manageable number. And i was alternating between yours and teafairy’s :) I find weekends are good for flavoured sipdowns.

Another excellent tea swap from Dexter3657

I’m quite impressed that this tea reads 100% apricot and NOT peach! I’m enjoying it hot but I bet it would be fantastic iced. The black base is super smooth. Simple yet sophisticated!

TheTeaFairy

I adore peach teas, This would totally work for me!

Dexter

Glad you are enjoying it Stephanie.

TheTeaFairy – those are the kind of comments that cause additional teas to be added to “your” box. Just thought I would give you fair warning on how this works. :))

TheTeaFairy

Yay, i was hopping you’d say that, hahaha!

Dexter

LOL – good to know we are both on the same page…..

Sipdown, 116. Thanks to MissB for this sample! I am saving the rest of it to give to my friend who almost bought a tin of the apricot at TJ Maxx the other day but didn’t. Now she can see if she wants to go back, haha.

This smells very apricot-y, which obviously makes sense. Like apricot jam, in that it is very concentrated apricot, not the light flavor I get from fresh fruit. The flavor is nice: sweet and tart at the same time, not unlike apricot jam. The black tea base is not hiding here, either; it is smooth but robust. I think there is perhaps a bit of keemun in here (they only say black tea from China and Sri Lanka). Overall a tasty tea. I am sure it would make a lovely iced tea as well!

This smells as divine dry as it tastes brewed.
A subtle apricot without added peach.
The black base is perfect; without any detected astringency.
It is lovely sweetened with a bit of stevia.
I would not sweeten with honey as I am afraid it would
upset the delicate balance…jmho…
Thank you, Miss B, I appreciate your generosity.
This tea is beautiful ♡

2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

you’re back! you’re back! :D

MissB

Oh, I’m so glad you like it! Even happier to see you back, mirroring Sil’s sentiments. :)

CelebriTEA

Thank you dear friends.
still up and down a bit, but trying to keep my head screwed on straight
lol

Not a good start to the year so far. I have been very on and off with my tea notes. I wanted to do all the teas I drink, but so far haven’t done that.

This was today’s choice. I’m changing my diet significantly and am having this with some almond milk and stevia. It’s delicious. The almond brings out the apricot quite nicely and ends it with a nutty note.

Delicious!

TheTeaFairy

Nice to have you back :-)

Tuscanteal

Aww thank you!!!

Sorry for my absenteeism as of late; I recently purchased a new home and it has been so chaotic! Anyhow, Thanks to Miss B for the chance to try this tea. I found the aroma very pleasing with an intense apricot fragrance that made me salivate. When brewed the flavour was slightly less concentrated but still lovely. The combination of black tea (perhaps of the keemun variety?) and apricot was truly magnificent. I can see myself enjoying this tea in the future.

Flavors: Apricot, Malt

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Smells like apricot and lavender. Tastes a little like hot water at the beginning but slowly warms up to apricot tones. Has little bit of a nutty undertone after the initial fruity apricot taste. The mouthfeel is smooth, the tea is a little sweet when it hits the back of the tongue. The apriot fruity scent has taken over the office now. It’s overpowered my office mate’s tea.

I was in the mood for a sunny tea, and thought apricot would help me dream of summer on this bitter cold but sunny day. This is a sample that I’ve had for nearly a year. The first half of which I tried because I passed on a tin of this from TJ Maxx and wondered if I should go back. I vaguely remember thinking it was smokey, but that’s about it. I do know that I never went back.
I get the apricot in the smell of the dry leaves, which bodes well even though I’m a bigger fan of peach (something about fruit needing to be juicy!). Brewing I definitely am getting a little of the smokey.
I’m not sure I used enough leaf, so I’m letting it brew a little longer to get a stronger amber color out of the water. What I can taste is a vague fruitiness over a pleasant, gentle smoke. I think a touch of sugar would bring out the fruit.
The sugar helped. But I do think this is a little weaker than it should be. Damn my bathtub of a tea mug! Lol, I will just have to do better next time. This tea showed potential, but it wasn’t a must-have.
To its credit, it never got bitter or astringent and still has the nice caramelized flavor of a good black tea. I could drink this regularly if I had procured a supply last year.

Flavors: Apricot, Earth, Malt, Smoke

Another sample from TeaTiff (sorry it’s taking me so long to try them!). Apricots are one of my favorite fruits, so I’m surprised I haven’t tried more apricot-flavored teas – I know Harney has one among other companies. The dry leaves of this tea are small and very dark, and there’s nothing mixed in. They smell strongly of sweet apricot, yum!

Once steeped, the apricot aroma is unfortunately a bit lessened. I can also smell the malt of the black base. The flavor is good, but honestly I could go for a little more apricot presence. It’s more of a subtle apricot among a mild, mellow, somewhat malty black base. I’m sure a touch of sugar would help bring out the apricot flavor, but I will not be tempted! If anyone has a good, strongly-flavored apricot tea recommendation, I’d love to hear it. :)

Flavors: Apricot, Malt, Peach, Smooth, Sweet

This cup is thanks to MissB.

I am packaging up some tea to pass along and this is a tea that was requested. There were only about 2-3 tsp of this one so I took a small tsp and brewed up a cup to give it a quick try. This one is okay. It is one is okay. I definitely oversteeped it this time around. The beginning of the sip is fruity, but the end for me is very bitter. If I had it to do again I think I would cold brew this one. It seems like it would bring out the fruit taste.