Chocolate Eclair (Éclair au Chocolat)

Oolong Tea
Chocolate, Cream, Sugar, Cocoa, Milk, Butter, Coconut, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Pastries, Sweet, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Yay, 2000th tasting note!! I decided to celebrate with this, which has got to be the most milk-chocolatey tea I've ever tried. No hint of bitter dark chocolate here, no sir. All sweet and creamy...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “I had really high hopes for this one, but didn't really love it. I think actually maybe I don't like chocolate tea all that much, even though I keep thinking I should. This was just odd to me. I...” Read full tasting note
    Marzipan 304 tasting notes
  • “The first tea to be tried from *boychik's* amazing swap package! This tea looked beautiful and smelled even better, so it won out over the other amazing French teas she sent. The oxidized oolong...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 711 tasting notes
  • “blech. for whatever reason i didn't like this one. maybe it's because it's that whole fauchon oolong thing. ah well, still good to get a chance to try it. it was just really bland and very...meh” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes

From Fauchon

Discover Chocolate Éclair tea: an Oolong tea with chocolatey, buttery flavours. Combines the aromatic flavour of the cocoa nib, enrobed in the roundness of the Oolong leaf, to evoke the creaminess of a real chocolate eclair.

About Fauchon View company

2007 tasting notes

Yay, 2000th tasting note!!

I decided to celebrate with this, which has got to be the most milk-chocolatey tea I’ve ever tried. No hint of bitter dark chocolate here, no sir. All sweet and creamy chocolate. It really was eclair-like. Definitely sweet as well, not sure if the “vanilla pieces” listed in the ingredients are really sugary pieces. I didn’t really notice the oolong base too much to be honest (it is a dark, but not very roasty variety), but that’s ok. I may try steeping this at a higher temp next time to see how it behaves. This is a dessert tea to be sure. Not sure how often I will really crave it, but I do very much enjoy it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Sugar

Stephanie

woooooo 2,000!!!!!

Roswell Strange

Hooray 2000!

CHAroma

2,000th?! Holy bajeezus! That’s insane and amazing at the same time!

Yaaaay! Grata on 2k!

khamilton611

2000? Wow, that’s a lot of tea! Congrats!

I had really high hopes for this one, but didn’t really love it. I think actually maybe I don’t like chocolate tea all that much, even though I keep thinking I should. This was just odd to me. I was able to finish the cup, but each sip got a hmm from me. I couldn’t figure out exactly what I didn’t like. But, you’ll probably be seeing this in your swap packets since other people love this one!

Suziqzer

I think it depends on the chocolate. I’ve found some I like & some I really really don’t.

The first tea to be tried from boychik’s amazing swap package! This tea looked beautiful and smelled even better, so it won out over the other amazing French teas she sent. The oxidized oolong leaves are dark and quite small, and they’re mixed with yellow flower petals and pieces of what look like cacao nibs. Dry scent is super chocolate heaven! It’s somewhere between milk and dark chocolate, so I guess that makes it a lower cocoa percentage dark chocolate. :P I steeped a slightly rounded teaspoon of leaf for 4 minutes at 200 degrees (in my cute new bubble mug, squee!).

Mm, the brewed aroma is still chocolate heaven! There are also some cream and pastry notes there. First off, the flavor of this one is quite light, so I would probably use more leaf the next time I make it. However, the flavor that’s there is amazing! The main star is the chocolate, which actually tastes like chocolate (still a mix of milk and dark). Then there’s the fluffy pastry cream, which pokes its head out midway through the sip and is strong in the aftertaste. In this case, it seems like a mild coconut pastry cream. The overall texture is smooth and there’s a hint of buttery pastry taste that hides in the background. Yum! :)

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Coconut, Coffee, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Pastries, Sweet, Vanilla

boychik

Yay. Glad you like it. I found your note thru Explore . Steepster is hiccup-ing again :(
My likes sometimes don’t stick. And I cannot post my tasting note. It just goes to nowhere

Cheri

I’ve had likes disappearing a lot lately. It’s very frustrating. I mostly stopped posting notes after having a frustrating couple of days doing it a few days back.

blech. for whatever reason i didn’t like this one. maybe it’s because it’s that whole fauchon oolong thing. ah well, still good to get a chance to try it. it was just really bland and very…meh

VariaTEA

When I saw the name I wanted this. When I saw the base, I did not. So I am glad to see I am not missing out.

Fjellrev

Chocolate and oolong just sounds… wrong.

Tuscanteal

Such a shame… I love eclairs.

Bubble bath tea from boychik.
Wow! Bread, chocolate, & cream = delicious!
Now I’m thinking I want to combine cacao nibs, vanilla, & something smokey…
It will either be awesome or terrible…

mmmmmmmm that combo sounds good. and is giving me ideas.

MzPriss

there will be a bubble bath in my immediate future now too. A post cobbler bubble bath.

Stephanie

I loooove this one. #1 on my Fauchon must haves list!

Terri HarpLady

A small disclaimer: about halfway into the cup a funky after taste started building up in my mouth, & my tummy started feeling kind of yucko. dammit

Wow, thank you so much boychik for sending me a sample of this tea! I was broke during the last Vente-Privee sale, and would have been reluctant to purchase whole tins in the future without tasting them first anyway.

Could this possibly be the perfect chocolate tea? PERHAPS! It is rich and creamy and so chocolatey, without being bitter or artificial at all, and I didn’t even add ANY sweetener! The base tea is mild and pleasant, and everything seems to meld together so nicely. I’m definitely going to set aside some money to grab a tin of this one the next time it is available.

MissB

Wow, glad to hear it’s as tasty as it sounds. :)

boychik

Glad you like it. i should try it again soon!

Terri HarpLady

I haven’t had a chocolate eclair in 30+years???sigh…

Then I should send you some to sample Terri

Terri HarpLady

I wouldn’t object! BUT, please pick some things you’d like to sample from my cupboard! :)

Not jawdroppingly awesome but a heckuva lot better than that cat pee-smelling cassis blend, eesh.

boychik

Oh i am still awaiting. is it chocolate cream or some floral as well?

ifjuly

i was so busy trying to not think of cat pee tea i was just grateful it had a lot of milky chocolate at the end of the sip. i didn’t detect floral, especially not fauchon levels of floral, but i might have been distracted. (: