Christmas Eve (Un Soir de Noël)

Candied Apple, Dates, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Orange, Orange Blossom, Orange Zest, Plums, Raisins, Spices, Tea, Drying, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 16 oz / 477 ml

2 Images

From Fauchon

Fauchon invites you to share an exceptional Christmas. Taste the original flavor of this tea with caramel, pineapple, sweet orange, and maraschino. Enjoy this warm and fruity delicacy with family and friends.

Ingredients: Black tea, pineapple pieces, orange zest, caramel flavoring, orange flavoring, vanilla flavoring, pineapple flavoring, maraschino cherry flavoring.

About Fauchon View company

From the GCTTB Round 6
1 tsp in 600 mL very hot water, steeped 4 minutes

This tastes like fruitcake or plum pudding! Plum, date, light notes of apple, candied orange/orange rind, mulling spice, maybe cherry? I read that this is supposed to have maraschino cherry flavor, so I’m disappointed there isn’t more maraschino cherry in here, it’s more of a dried Bing cherry, like that chocolate companies use to make dark chocolate covered dried cherries. This is very much like a Christmas dessert or those bowls of potpourri people put out at Christmas to make their house smell like orange and cinnamon.

Flavors: Candied Apple, Dates, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Orange, Orange Blossom, Orange Zest, Plums, Raisins, Spices, Tea

Fjellrev

This sounds so good!

Arby

It wasn’t spectacular. It was nice to try, but I would suggest putting in an order just to try this.

Fjellrev

You mean you were able to order from Canada?

Definitely fruit cake comes to mind with this tea!
That’s all I remember as I drank this last week!
Sorry, terrible review

First off, I’m an arse – I just got this in a swap, and yet I oversteeped it. Of course. Because that’s my way! So, uh, 12 minutes.

Shockingly, it’s really really yummy. It smells a bit like plum pudding or fruit cake. I don’t get much out of the flavor other than an interesting, plummy-type of dryness.. again… I messed this up. Thank goodness there’s another good mug-full of tea to play with.

Thank you shezza, for so surreptitiously sharing some of this with me in LOOK Tea yesterday.

EDIT: What? caramel, pineapple, sweet orange, and maraschino… um… okay I get the orange (fruitcake, that’s what I identified it as) and marasschino (same thing), and possibly pineapple… but caramel? No. Well, maybe. Well… darn it, I so wish I hadn’t oversteeped this.

Flavors: Drying, Plums, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’m personally not a fan of teas like this, but this is an enjoyable, full flavoured, smooth, desert tea.

8 min or more