Nutcracker Sweet

Oolong Tea
Baked Bread, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by moraiwe

From Fava Tea Co.

Brand new seasonal blend now in stock! Will be offered September-March. This amber oolong is blended with walnuts, almonds and maple brittle pieces. It’s like a sweet and nutty Kringle in your cup! Enjoy!

Ingredients: Oolong, maple brittle pieces, walnut

About Fava Tea Co. View company

Bready, yeasty oolong with notes of stonefruit? Check
Walnutty, pecan toastiness? Check
Sweet maple accents? Check

While I’m not blown away by this, I do quite enjoy it and wouldn’t mind having it around from about September – March every year (which is good, because that’s coincidentally when it’s offered). It’s a classic combination of flavors and has a nice comforting quality to it.

I can’t wait to latte this. Do I want to wait until morning, though?

You could have it tonight and tomorrow morning. :)

Lol. I was just about to say that!

Problem solved! :D

I’m thankful moraiwe not only reminded me of this tea last night, but also told me how nice it would be as a latte.

This morning, first thing, I pulled out the soy milk, watered it down slightly, added exactly one drop of honey, simmered, and tossed a tsp of tea in. Thank you, thank you, for this suggestion ladyfriend because it smelled absolutely gorgeous the entirety of its steeping time.

The result was like breakfast in a cup. Bready and yeasty and walnutty with hints of pecan. The last sip was pure yeast and pecan with a hint of walnut.

A great tea to be sure, but heavy…not something I could drink all the time.

I’m mentally categorizing this one as another morning cuppa.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Nuts