Sore Throat Soother

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Courtney

2 Images

• “I am a tea drinker. I drink tea. Not herbals, not rooibos...well, I make exceptions for things like guayasa and mate that have caffeine or caffeine-like substances! Anyway, both my girlfriend...” Read full tasting note
    ladyveg 100 tasting notes
  • “My aunt got me this for Christmas. I'm hoping it stops my cough even though my throat isn't sore. Raw it looks like wood chips. Surprisingly drinkable considering I can't STAND licorice. *Very* sweet.” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Fava Tea Co.

A mild licorice root blend. This tea extinguishes and fiery sore throat and will have you up and chatting in no time!

About Fava Tea Co. View company

I am a tea drinker. I drink tea. Not herbals, not rooibos…well, I make exceptions for things like guayasa and mate that have caffeine or caffeine-like substances! Anyway, both my girlfriend and I are sick and have sore throats, and I popped into my new favorite tea shop, Fava Tea, to find something medicinal. This is what was recommended to me.

When I got home and opened the bag, I was dubious. This stuff looks like the substrate from a gerbil cage. The smell reminds me vaguely of Indian food, is it cardamom? I steeped it in boiling water for the recommended 5 minutes and threw in two packets of Splenda. Hmmmm, this stuff isn’t half bad! I like it with the sweetener. It has a nice flavor and coats the throat without feeling too thick. It did work for my sore throat. Licorice haters need not worry; I didn’t get that taste at all. Highly recommended for your winter cold needs!

My aunt got me this for Christmas. I’m hoping it stops my cough even though my throat isn’t sore. Raw it looks like wood chips. Surprisingly drinkable considering I can’t STAND licorice. Very sweet.

Peggie Bennett

There’s one I use for sore throat/cough stuff too, Throat Coat. It also has a licorice taste, which I don’t like, but it is very sweet, and it has a long steeping time, so it gets very viscous. A little weird, but my throat always feels so much better, that I drink it down! Hope you feel better soon!