Sun-Link-Sea High Mountain Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea Leaves
Cream, Espresso, Stewed Fruits
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Fong Mong Tea

• “I am loving this Oolong. I don't think I've tried a "sun-link-sea" Oolong before, so I really didn't know what to expect, but, based upon my previous experience with Fong Mong's tea I was pretty...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes
  • “This is WONDERFUL! Sunshine in a cup! Delicious and hydrating! Sweet and slightly creamy. Underneath reminiscent of sugar snap peas! Lovely! I will be doing a full length review over at...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Thank you Fong Mong tea for this sample! This was a very nice oolong tonight - I had no idea what to expect but it was quite a unique experience! The first thing that hit me was that it did not...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “I was so impressed with this tea that I ordered a whole bag. This tea never stops to surprise me. The sweet apple taste stays to the very end and the tea can be brewed at least 6 times. It...” Read full tasting note
    pantheon 44 tasting notes

From FONG MONG TEA SHOP

FONG MONG TEA-Hand Plucked Sun-Link-Sea (Shan Lin Shee) Oolong Tea Loose Leaf

Taiwan Sun-Link-Sea (Shan Lin Shee) High Mountain Oolong (Wu Long) Tea (15~25% fermentation / 10~20% baking)

Pack size: 150g +/- 5% (5.3 oz) loose leaves in a vacuum sealed foil bag

Expiration: 2 years

Features:

Located between Xitou and Ali Mountain in central Taiwan – Nantou County, Sun-Link-Sea is famous for its amazing “sun links sea” scenery. Situated at an altitude of approximately 1600 – 1800 meters, Sun-Link-Sea has an average temperature of 20 degree Celsius all year long. Sun-Link-Sea tea tree mountains, not as high as other high-mountain tea tree ones though, with their distinctive geographic environment, gestate another different fragrance and taste which is another characteristic fine tea of Taiwan high-mountain teas.

Brewing tips:

The water used to steep this tea should be about 85-90 degree Celsius. Use about 3 grams of tea leaves for about every 150c.c. of water. A steeping time of about 6 minutes is recommended with more or less time depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurl for full flavor.

For the ultimate enjoyment, a traditional Chinese ceramic (pottery) teapot is recommended for loose oolong tea. The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping. The leaves may be steeped multiple times.

About FONG MONG TEA SHOP View company

I am loving this Oolong. I don’t think I’ve tried a “sun-link-sea” Oolong before, so I really didn’t know what to expect, but, based upon my previous experience with Fong Mong’s tea I was pretty sure I’d like it. And I do.

This reminds me a little bit of a magnolia scented Oolong, it has that delightful floral note to it, but there is more to it too. There is a fruit note to this … Tea Pantheon describes is as an apple-like flavor, and I can see that comparison, it makes me think of a dry, sweet-and-sour apple wine … if there is such a thing.

Where this tea differs from the typical magnolia scented Oolong is that it doesn’t have that very buttery-creamy kind of taste to it. It has a light softness to it, but, it isn’t overwhelmingly creamy. It has more of a spring flower taste to me: light, crisp and fragrant, with hints of greener vegetation in the background.

Very nice.

Bonnie

MMMMMMM Can’t wait to try more!

Azzrian

I got this sample as well – I can’t wait to try it! Waiting for when I can sit with it. :)

This is WONDERFUL! Sunshine in a cup! Delicious and hydrating! Sweet and slightly creamy. Underneath reminiscent of sugar snap peas! Lovely! I will be doing a full length review over at Sororitea Sisters on July 7th :)

CHAroma

I could use some sunshine in a cup…adding to the ever growing shopping list.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve already submitted my free samples, and this wasn’t one of them. Now I wish I had chosen it. :-// Got some good ones anyway! :))

Thank you Fong Mong tea for this sample!

This was a very nice oolong tonight – I had no idea what to expect but it was quite a unique experience! The first thing that hit me was that it did not have a creamy aspect to this oolong. Liberteas also picked up on this! It was definitely a drastic change to the Alishan I had the night before.

There are some very light floral notes and something almost fruity to the taste. I couldn’t place the flavour, but it was quite pleasant and calming.

This was not my favourite offering from Fong Mong, but I appreciated the uniqueness and the chance to compare!

I was so impressed with this tea that I ordered a whole bag. This tea never stops to surprise me. The sweet apple taste stays to the very end and the tea can be brewed at least 6 times. It quickly became my favorite. What I have found out though is that depending on water temperature the tea taste changes like a chameleon. To get the linden taste the best is to use water right after the little bubbles start moving around. But even if water is a hotter, it won’t make the tea bitter, only gives more character. The same goes for many other green teas, particularly teas from China. Taiwanese teas seem to be more resistant to leaf burn. I am very pleased with this seller. The quality consistency of their teas is just remarkable.

Nice Floral tea, sweet aroma. Got 7 infusions out of it. Check out my full review http://exm.nr/MnTWux

This is the second sample I’ve been given by Fong Mong Teas

I really like watching oolongs steep, that’s why I made it in a transparent glass :) A really meditative experience

The leaves had a very usual generic smell, so I thought it won’t be really good. But the taste has a heavy floral side, with a creamy aftertaste, which I find pretty unusual in greens/oolongs. I added a little bit of sugar too, to help that flower-y thing develop a little bit more.

I won’t be drinking this one much I suppose, but it is surely a decent tea, maybe just not strong enough for me.

Still amazing, even when over-steeped. Nice and smooth finish with a very golden, almost Kona coffee-ish undertone. The flavor lasts, too, even after two re-soaks.

Flavors: Cream, Espresso