Alishan High Mt. Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Fong Mong Tea

• “I apologize; this tea deserves a better tasting note than I have energy to write. It is a delicious, somewhat floral, creamy oolong though, and that's what I needed/wanted tonight. Looking forward...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “This smells like a candy-type oolong with a dash of moss. The flavor is sweet, sugary, slightly like white rice, and a touch of sweet-honey. Very interesting natural flavor! It's very creamy...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “WOW this one is going on my list for sure! I mean, the eyes didn't roll up into the back of my head in memorable pleasure - but for the taste alone I would stock up. Because this tastes SO...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, this is good. It tastes like a combination of a green oolong and a plain ol' green tea to me. There is a slight floral aspect, but it's very mellow. There's a bright, fresh "green" taste to it...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 169 tasting notes

From FONG MONG TEA SHOP

Developed around 10 years ago, the tea estates on Alishan area produce the newest type of high mountain oolongs. At the elevation of 1000 meters, the mountainsides are covered with fog or clouds which are ideal for growing Oolong. The tea estates are nestled in a beautiful scenic area with a 1000 years old forest nearby.

Due to the unique local climate and selection criteria for the leaves, this tea is a high quality grade Alishan Oolong. The tea liquor has a pale yellow hue matching its faintly fresh aroma. Once tasted, the tea presents itself with a fresh taste followed by a faintly sweet aftertaste.

Brewing tips:

The water used to steep this tea should be about 85-90 degree Celsius. Use about 3 grams of tea leaves for about every 150c.c. of water. A steeping time of about 6 minutes is recommended with more or less time depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurl for full flavor.

For the ultimate enjoyment, a traditional Chinese ceramic (pottery) teapot is recommended for loose oolong tea. The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping. The leaves may be brewed for multiple times.

About FONG MONG TEA SHOP View company

I apologize; this tea deserves a better tasting note than I have energy to write. It is a delicious, somewhat floral, creamy oolong though, and that’s what I needed/wanted tonight. Looking forward to trying the rest of my oolong samples from Fong Mong Tea! I did reserve enough of this to try it again when I have time to properly review it.

Azzrian

Yeah I often feel bad not having the time or energy to review a tea well which is why so many go unreviewed it seems. I think it is good you put in a tasting note at least :) Fong Mong is quickly going to the top of my favorite vendor list though! Good stuff!

ScottTeaMan

My FONG MONG TEAS are on their way!! :))

This smells like a candy-type oolong with a dash of moss.

Very interesting natural flavor! It’s very creamy and smooth, too! Warmy and comfy!

Very Relaxing and Memorable Oolong! Niiice! And yes…that’s NICE with 3 i’s!

CHAroma

You know it’s time to buy a tea when you try to add it to your shopping list on 3 different occasions because of the tasting notes people write about it. :)

WOW this one is going on my list for sure!
I mean, the eyes didn’t roll up into the back of my head in memorable pleasure – but for the taste alone I would stock up. Because this tastes SO good!

The aroma isn’t very strong, but the taste is full, sweet and oh so creamy. I can hardly put the cup down long enough to tap out this short review! And short it will be, but honest.

The aftertaste is mild, but honey-like! I loooove honey notes – I love that I don’t have to try to hard to coax it out of this tea. It’s very prominent. I would serve this to anyone new to green oolongs, in hopes they would fall as hard as I am for it. :)

Thank you FONG MONG tea for this extra delicious sample!

Mmm, this is good. It tastes like a combination of a green oolong and a plain ol’ green tea to me. There is a slight floral aspect, but it’s very mellow. There’s a bright, fresh “green” taste to it with a little nuttiness and strong notes of fruit, with a slightly creamy texture. Thanks for the sample, Fong Mong Tea!

I had to try this one as well yesterday, my first Alishan, thank you so much Fong Mong Tea! First an interesting observation. I found that I didn’t get much aroma from the leaf while it was in the bag, but as soon as I poured the dry leaf into my pre-warmed mug it came to life, so green and vibrant! I shall just copy & paste my notes from my phone from yesterday when Steepster was down:

This is oolong? Well of course it looks like oolong, little green fists, but the smell is just so green, and the taste, scandalous. There is no floral here, no orchid, no earth no wood, just crisp green goodness and a hint of nuttiness. I would swear this was a green tea in a blind tasting and a delicious one at that!

Second steep, still very green but richer, deeper, beany, and a hint of butter! Mmm and just a tinge of savory, yet in later sips still dark, cool and sweet. In later steeps the green mellowed out and this tasted more like a Tie Guan Yin. Still very exciting, I think I shall pursue more Alishans, this was a great introduction thank you!

Mmmmm. Creamy.

I haven’t had very many oolongs and I just didn’t get how a regular tea could be creamy without flavoring. Now I get it. It’s slightly floral and green with a smooth creamyness. Ultimate comfort tea.

I want to snuggle up in my jammies and read even though it’s the middle of the afternoon.