Taiwan Ti Kuan Yin Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea Leaves
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Fong Mong Tea

From FONG MONG TEA SHOP

Adopting pure An-Xi Ti Kuan Yin tea seeds, and producing under Taiwan traditional technique standards, medium fermented also heavy baked, traditional Ti Kuan Yin Oolong tea is leading out a unique Kuan Yin aroma differing greatly from Chinese one, deeply presenting authentic Taiwanese flavor of Ti Kuan Yin.

Brewing tips:

The water used to steep this tea should be about 90-95 degree Celsius. Use about 3 grams of tea leaves for about every 150c.c. of water. A steeping time of about 6 minutes is recommended with more or less time depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurl for full flavor.

For the ultimate enjoyment, a traditional Chinese ceramic (pottery) teapot is recommended for loose oolong tea. The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping. The leaves may be steeped multiple times.

About FONG MONG TEA SHOP View company

Roasty.Toasty, Semi-Charcoal, almost quesi-Wuyi Rock-esque type oolong. It’s a good one! Yet another winner from Fong MonG!

This one is a nice Ti Kuan Yin, it has greenish floral notes that are very subtle and sweet followed by a toasty nuttyness, very buttery smooth mouthfeel. I like this one I think I want to buy some more. It reminds me of my favorite oolong :-). Also this one can make several tasty steeps pending in how you steep it. I let a cup of it go cold by accident and that wasn’t bad at all just the floral notes really come out when its cold.

kOmpir

Lucky you, I’ll have to wait for the mid-end month to try my samples. I ordered them on my home address, 250 km away.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

That bites that ya have to wait, you will really enjoy them when you get them, they have all been very good so far.

I’ve only tried one other ti kuan yin which was from Teavivre, so going into this I expected something similar to that. I was expecting the tea to smell and taste floral, but what I got was totally different. I didn’t expect it, but this one is roasty like a wuyi oolong. But it’s not as simple as the roastiness of a wuyi, there’s some “greener” character fighting to come out. It’s like this tea has layers of toasted flavors and layers of green flavors, and I’m really liking the combination. Delicious.