Hand-plucked TOP GRADE Oriental Beauty Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Fong Mong Tea

• “This is an OUTSTANDING Oriental Beauty - sweet, deliciously peach-like and honey-esque. Sweet, luscious and wonderfully complex! The peach and honey tones are strong right from the start, and...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “I infused this for twice as long as they suggested - only because I was pre-occupied with something else - Oops! But I will say that is turned out darn tasty even with me over infusing! This has...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “~*Thank you FONG MONG TEA for this free sample*~ Wow-this doesn't taste like any kind of oolong I've ever had! In fact, if you had given me a blind taste test, I could not identify this tea-or...” Read full tasting note
    scottbee 109 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this, it was too astringent and it didn't resemble the Oriental Beauty I'd had previously. I didn't log that one, thinking maybe I'd done something wrong. The second time I had...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 620 tasting notes

From FONG MONG TEA SHOP

Taiwan characteristic Oriental Beauty Oolong Tea, a long narrow strip like of various colors, is also called Bai Hao Oolong Tea. Bright white-tipped leaves, a symbol of high level Oriental Beauty Tea, can only be cultivated irreplaceable strong fragrance in organic ecological tea plantation. This tea, with very limited quantity, can only be produced by a senior experienced tea master at one harvest each year. Being exceptionally beautiful in appearance and having the most exquisite taste from any other Oolong teas, the tea starts with a floral aroma and gives you a naturally sweet fruit and honey taste which is totally different from the other Oolong teas. This is the best choice you won’t miss when you experience firsthand “Formosa Taiwan Tea”.

Brewing tips:

The water used to steep this tea should be about 90-95 degree Celsius. Use about 3 grams of tea leaves for about every 150c.c. of water. A steeping time of about 6 minutes is recommended with more or less time depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurl for full flavor.

For the ultimate enjoyment, a traditional Chinese ceramic (pottery) teapot is recommended for loose oolong tea. The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping. The leaves may be brewed for multiple times.

About FONG MONG TEA SHOP View company

This is an OUTSTANDING Oriental Beauty – sweet, deliciously peach-like and honey-esque. Sweet, luscious and wonderfully complex! The peach and honey tones are strong right from the start, and once the palate becomes accustomed to these flavors, it starts exploring the other notes: earth, flower, and a creaminess that melds beautifully with the peach-y tones.

Each infusion is a delight… I’m on my fourth infusion now. By the third infusion, I noticed that the mouthfeel began to lighten and it became slightly less creamy… in fact, the flavors began to meld together and become unified… creating less diversity but a more luscious, enchanting flavor.

I love this tea.

I infused this for twice as long as they suggested – only because I was pre-occupied with something else – Oops! But I will say that is turned out darn tasty even with me over infusing! This has a gentle flavor. It’s hydrating but also a bit creamy tasting on top of buttery and earthy notes. Yes, the taste is great, but I must say I was taken away by the aroma of the dry leaves – right from the beginning! A bit floral, a bit earthy, but I could also pick up on a delightful aroma of dates. It was wonderful!

DaisyChubb

This sounds great!
I have some samples coming from Fong Mong soon, can’t wait :)

Azzrian

I have some samples coming as well! This place may end up being a regular purchase for me based on the reviews up already!

Thank you FONG MONG TEA for this free sample

Wow-this doesn’t taste like any kind of oolong I’ve ever had! In fact, if you had given me a blind taste test, I could not identify this tea-or even hazard a guess. I might guess an herbal tea. I’ve never had an Oriental Beauty tea before, so I had no idea what to expect here.

The leaves are large and twisted with colors of chocolate brown and rust contrasted sharply by chalky white tips. The dry leaf aroma is a rather generic, mild black tea scent.

The brewed leaf aroma smells much like grapefruit. Liquor is a deep amber hue. Flavor is very unusual and unique. This does not “remind” me of any kind of tea I’ve ever had. I taste notes of grapefruit, apple, and vinegar (apple cider vinegar?). I also taste some sort of woody type spice.

This is all very interesting. Let me try another steep or two to think about the number rating.

TeaBrat

try it around 180 degrees… :)

Scott B

How long should I steep it for at that temp? You only did 90 seconds? That’s so much shorter than they recommend.

TeaBrat

I don’t know why they recommend 6 minutes…. I usually steep all my oolongs for short periods of time, but then I am usually going for multiple steeps as well.

Scott B

Okay, well I have enough loose tea for another brew, so maybe I’ll try that next time.

ScottTeaMan

Six min is too long…….I gongfu my oolongs and kep the steeps alot shorter.

The first time I had this, it was too astringent and it didn’t resemble the Oriental Beauty I’d had previously. I didn’t log that one, thinking maybe I’d done something wrong. The second time I had it, which is today, it was quite the opposite. It was quite mild, and pale, and I’d wondered if I’d used enough leaf or let it steep too short. It was tasty for a milk dark oolong, but still wasn’t capturing the essence I’d had with my first Oriental Beauty love. So with the second steep of the second batch, I added the rest of the leaves from the sample pouch, had hotter water, and let it steep a good few minutes, and aahhhhhh!

I’m getting a sweet honey-ish dark oolong, almost a black tea, but milder and not too astringent. THIS is my Oriental Beauty!

Many thanks to FONG MONG for providing this sample!

This is the third and the last sample I got from the great Fong Mong Teas. Thank you once again!

This one is very soft and creamy, but has a nice butter hint to it. It doesn’t surprise with a variety of taste or a wild bouquet of taste nuances. But it is surely a great tea, the smell is very full and rich, especially the one of dry leaves. And the buttery/earthy touch gives a nice warm sensation.

I will consider having this one as a dinner tea or a great tea for eating sweets and snacks!

Another great tea from Fong Mong. The balance between the sweet and sour flavors is just amazing. In fact, drinking this tea has convinced me to add Oriental Beauty permanently to my MUST HAVE list. No wonder Queen Elisabeth fell for it.
I have tried this tea from other vendors and it was a disapointment after disapointment.
But the tea from Fong Mong finally met my expectations. It starts slighly sour, lemony then a sweet flavor of maple candy comes forth followed by roasted chestnuts. The tea keeps its flavor for at least 4 -5 steeps hardly changing in taste. Needs longer brewing time than other oolongs. Superb!

I’m ashamed to say, I’ve had this tea for a long time and am only opening it now. The moment I smelled this though, I knew I would love it. Such a lovely toasted grain and honey aroma! Or like nectar heavy flowers. I can’t believe this tea isn’t actually full of honey and flowers!
Mmm ambrosia. I don’t think I’ve ever had an oriental beauty I liked so well.
I need to scrub off this chocolate lip balm before sipping next time though. :)

Happy Monday everyone!