Fruity Sijichun Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Ooh! This one's really good! It clearly tastes like an oolong, and I definitely taste a fruitiness moreso than floral taste. This is really, really delicious! I'm actually rather surprised! The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2352 tasting notes
  • “Made the last 3 grams of this western style with the below prep details. I think overall I'm a fan of the shorter, multiple steeps. Green oolongs in general tend to be too vegetal for me to...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes
  • “Steeped for 6 minutes at 85 as suggested, but tastes a bit "overcooked". Not astringent, or bitter, just overdone. Liquor is a light sunflower yellow. Has a strong oolong taste and smell, but...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 89 tasting notes
  • “This is tied with the Pou Chong for favorite sample from *Fong Mong Tea!*. Thank you, Fong Mong! I made this gong fu style this morning. A quick rinse, maybe five seconds, released buttery...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1845 tasting notes

From FONG MONG TEA

Sijichun: Plucking from Taiwan peculiar Four Seasons Spring oolong tea leaves, in addition to stringent management of planting, Taiwan fruity oolong tea (Sijichun) was made by artisans to refine into circumspect & traditional oolong tea. This Four Seasons Spring oolong was strictly selected as a higher grade oolong tea, possesses particularly pure and strong fresh flower fragrance plus smooth taste which you, tea lovers, won’t miss it out.

Brewing tips:

The water used to steep these tea should be about 85-90 degree Celsius. Use about 3 grams of tea leaves for about every 150c.c. of water. A steeping time of about 6 minutes is recommended with more or less time depending on the desired concentration. As a rough guide, the higher the temperature of the water or the greater the amount of leaves used, the shorter the steeping time should be. The tea leaves should uncurl for full flavor.

For the ultimate enjoyment, a traditional Chinese ceramic (pottery) teapot is recommended for loose oolong tea. The teapot should be half filled with leaves and initially steeped for 45 seconds to 1 minute with the steeping time increased by an additional 15 seconds for each successive steeping. The leaves may be steeped multiple times.

About FONG MONG TEA View company

A review Fruity (Sijichun) Oolong Tea by Fong Mong Tea

I am enjoying another oolong sampler from Fong Mong Tea Company in Taiwan. This oolong was processed with the fragrance of fresh flowers making for the fruitiness that is to be found in this cup of tea.

I am using half of the leaves for this brew. I place freshly drawn water into a small pan on the stove and left to boil. Having placed the leaves into the cup, I then pour the boiled water over the leaves (which are tightly rolled/pressed) and left to steep for several minutes with covering on the cup.

After the set time I remove the lid to find that the tea leaves did indeed unfurl to fuller leaves and there is not a particular smell to the tea at first. Tea’s color is light yellow almost, especially once the leaves are removed from the cup. Tea leaves are light green in color, they are partial cut leaves and smells mildly vegetal…broccoli like.

Anyhow, I take my first sip of the tea and it is fine. No drying effect, and very light in the body and I take more sips of this tea I am thinking of broccoli and rice. Steam rice when cooking, at times so very faint and yet one can know of such a smell. It is warm moisture, steaming from the heat as it moistens the face of the cook.

In all, this tea has no astringency. It is very light in body and tea color is light yellow when the leaves have been removed from the cup. From the first steep and sipping this tea tastes of steaming broccoli and rice. It is very faint.

It is tea and it’s drinkable. I am looking forward to trying the remainder of the unused portion as iced tea, at a much later time.

Thank you Fong Mong for making me aware of this tea and for sending the samples.

Free sample from Fong Mong

Lovely tea. There, that’s all I need to write. It isn’t? Ok, well, upon opening the packet I got that proper oolong aroma, which immediately got me excited. The 6 minute recommended steeping time made me go “Eep!” as with the Blue Jade from Fong Mong. Still, I followed the directions and soon a lovely aroma was arising from my teapot. Impatiently I tapped my foot and waiting while the tea steeped. Then I got to taste it. It was light and creamy on my tongue. There was a definite fruity note to it with a sweet, slightly floral aftertaste that really came to the fore as I exhaled. Fresh, tasty, definitely one to keep in stock. I really liked this tea.

Outstanding blend. I was never really interested in blended teas, but this one I got as a sample. I was waiting for a special occasion to try it and it came one rainy day.
The tea caught me by surprise. Such palate of flavors! You got there everything: a chocolate tasting red tea followed by a nutty roasted oolong and ending like a jasmine scented sencha.
Unusual tea, highly recommended for blue days..

Fong Mong Tea

Thank you very much for enjoying the tea.

However, the fruity note is naturally delivered from Sijichun itself, it’s not blended with something else. Just like Blue Jade has an Orchid note to it with natural floral flavor.

Most oolong teas we carry are naturally with either fruity or floral flavor. The more you have it, the more you’ll get apperception.

Another sample from Fong Mong today!

I also don’t get the fruity aspect of the title, but I get a very prominent floral taste out of this tea! I dnt know all my florals too well, but I recon this one is a bit of a jasmine floral. There is a buttery and vegetal taste with this, but definitely the most prominent aspect is the jasmine floral. Even after the sip, I can still sense it on my tongue.

I’ll see how further infusions go, as this is just my first.

My third oolong tea for the day.. And so far it is my favorite. It has the smooth taste of an oolong but a fruity taste after words. The tea has a mellow mild taste but it still packs a wallop. I do enjoy this blend and it has officially made me a fan of oolong. The subtleness of green tea but with the flavor of herbal. In short it is amazing