Apricot, Berries, Caramel, Dark Bittersweet, Flowers, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Jon

From Fortnum & Mason

This blend of teas from the higher and lower regions of Ceylon delivers a light, refreshing flavour with real body. Of all our blends, Afternoon makes the best iced tea, as it stays perfectly clear when chilled, but is equally good served the traditional way with a splash of milk and perhaps a scone or two.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

A bright, light bodied tea, with a light malt and prunes flavor,and a little astringency. Not sure that it has enough body to hold up well against milk. My mother likes light teas, and I’m drinking this at my parents’ house. It’s a solid-but-not-so-exciting tea. Suitable for drinking in the afternoon, during a Friday visit to your parents, with the sound of children playing bouncing up trough the window

Steeped lightly and servered with milk reveals the soft and subtle notes within this great tea.

Alas, my great European journey has come to an end. I actually refrained from buying a ton of tea because a) not enough room in my luggage & b) family & friends not so patient with my tea habits. Anyway, I had high tea at Fortnum & Mason in London, and picked up two teas afterward: Afternoon Blend & Breakfast Blend. Of course, the first day I’m home, I’m breaking them open for a spin!

Afternoon blend is surprisingly light compared to the look of the tea leaves. I actually thought it may have been too light, so I steeped it a little further, which resulted in bitterness. It kind of seems like a weak breakfast blend to me. Next time, I will try with more leaf/water ratio. This tea also seems like a good contestant as a base for my fruit-infused cold-brewed iced teas. I have a whopping 4.4 ounces to play around with, so I can’t wait to experiment!

Nicole

I hear ya. My husband was very patient on the NY trip with my tea desires, but I really need to go back with a tea person. :)