Royal Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by joriba

• “Eeeeew, what did I do wrong today? I steeped for three min, and last time I oversteeped but it was surprisingly good. I doubt that is why, as this tasted stale and dusty, with a funky aftertaste....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1292 tasting notes
  • “Had this with milk and sugar, and blueberry muffins that I just made. This tea is rather on the rough side without milk, and improves immensely with it” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 337 tasting notes
  • “This tea is ok. It's not great. It's strong and other than that I can't pick much else up. It's better with sugar. It sorta needs sugar. Yikes. It's a Monday sorta tea. You know what I did...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1638 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Sil* for this sample! This tea is heavy on the Assam, so I had to add milk and Truvia to calm things down a bit. It’s much more drinkable this way. Five minutes later and I can feel...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

First blended for King Edward VII in the summer of 1902, Royal Blend blends Assam with a touch of Ceylon for a smooth, almost honey-like flavour. It can be drunk all day, with milk, producing the perfect traditional cup of tea.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

…very strong flavors. I guess the explanation of it’s profound taste lays within the fact that King Edward VII was a heavy smoker. Anyways, I do like it on my palate and love the awakening effect. I do recomment to try this tea with a slice of lemon. That transforms this blend into a refreshing summer tea. The Assam will still be able to push through nicely.

Reserving judgement on this tea until I give it another go. Had it with breakfast with milk and sugar. Maybe with honey it’ll be better.

An old standby, it is always a good, solid choice, but never an exciting one.

An enjoyable blend for the morning cup. I drank it without milk. It was pungent and strong. No distinctive flavor that jumps out or lingers. A good choice if you want a standard English style black tea that is of sufficient quality to drink without milk.

This is my current favorite tea-with-milk staple. It’s bright and robust with no bitterness. We bought a decorative tin of it with the Jubliee Tea decorative tin online from F&M and I’m re-ordering this one in bulk and trying some of their other teas.

A good cup of tea. Nothing splashy or fancy.

Traditional tea without any wow factor at all

Very smooth but good with milk and sugar

Another back-back-backlog from afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason. This tea reminded me the most of my beloved breakfast blends: bold, smooth, but not bitter. Other than that, there were no other special flavors or anything that jumped out at me. It was especially good when paired with the scones & jam or the desserts because of it’s strength.

Nicole

Ooo…I would love to go to tea there someday. :)

Jennkay

I really enjoyed it! Plus, their store is like four stories, so there was a lot of tea-related shopping going on afterwards!

Thank you, Sil, for sending me this sample!!!

I really like this tea. It reminds me a bit of the only other Fortnum & Mason tea I’ve tried: Assam Superb. My father works for a London-based company, and he used to bring home tins of Assam Superb when he travelled to London for work. This tea seems like it may also have some Ceylon blended in (just checked, it does), but the Assam is still the most noticeable for me. This is a perfect tea for this morning. It’s assertive, yet smooth, and it reminds me of being at home. I usually am not a fan of Ceylon tea, but in this blend it lends (I believe it’s the Ceylon) a honey-sweetness to the cup.

This one isn’t half bad….I’m enjoying the few f&m teas I’ve tried