Royal Blend

Astringent, Heavy
Edit tea info Last updated by joriba
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 368 ml

• “Eeeeew, what did I do wrong today? I steeped for three min, and last time I oversteeped but it was surprisingly good. I doubt that is why, as this tasted stale and dusty, with a funky aftertaste....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1311 tasting notes
  • “Woke up early to go for a run (yes, on a Saturday. I know), and had a strong cup of this brewed with milk-and-sugar to give me a good morning kick. It's an OK tea. For the price, I was expecting...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 393 tasting notes
  • “This tea is ok. It's not great. It's strong and other than that I can't pick much else up. It's better with sugar. It sorta needs sugar. Yikes. It's a Monday sorta tea. You know what I did...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1699 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Sil* for this sample! This tea is heavy on the Assam, so I had to add milk and Truvia to calm things down a bit. It’s much more drinkable this way. Five minutes later and I can feel...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 523 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

First blended for King Edward VII in the summer of 1902, Royal Blend blends Assam with a touch of Ceylon for a smooth, almost honey-like flavour. It can be drunk all day, with milk, producing the perfect traditional cup of tea.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

…very strong flavors. I guess the explanation of it’s profound taste lays within the fact that King Edward VII was a heavy smoker. Anyways, I do like it on my palate and love the awakening effect. I do recomment to try this tea with a slice of lemon. That transforms this blend into a refreshing summer tea. The Assam will still be able to push through nicely.

Reserving judgement on this tea until I give it another go. Had it with breakfast with milk and sugar. Maybe with honey it’ll be better.

An old standby, it is always a good, solid choice, but never an exciting one.

An enjoyable blend for the morning cup. I drank it without milk. It was pungent and strong. No distinctive flavor that jumps out or lingers. A good choice if you want a standard English style black tea that is of sufficient quality to drink without milk.

This is my current favorite tea-with-milk staple. It’s bright and robust with no bitterness. We bought a decorative tin of it with the Jubliee Tea decorative tin online from F&M and I’m re-ordering this one in bulk and trying some of their other teas.

A good cup of tea. Nothing splashy or fancy.

Traditional tea without any wow factor at all

Very smooth but good with milk and sugar

This tea is a bit of a workhorse for me. It’s a well-balanced blend of assam and ceylon, but it brews strong, so if you’re not a fan of strong tea, it’s better to just “scare it” with the hot water rather than brew for a full 5 minutes. I use this tea as a base for my homemade chai, I drink it iced when I want a nice, strong black iced tea without flavoring, I drink it hot when I’m not feeling well or just looking for a well- balanced, unfussy black tea. So, to summarize, very versatile, very balanced, solid, but not a showstopper.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A bold, astringent blend of Assam and Ceylon black tea that is slightly overpowering for the average palette, but a treat for those who enjoy their tea strong :)

Flavors: Astringent, Heavy