Black Tea with Strawberry

Strawberry
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

• “bwahahahaha go go gadget sipdown! I had this with a splash of cream and sweetner this afternoon while packaging up tea for friends. While i've enjoyed this one a bunch i am super happy to be...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5059 tasting notes
  • “Goodbye yummy black Strawberry tea! Happy New Years Eve to everyone. :) We are doing nothing special today, but I did watch about 4 episodes of Supernatural (hello season 5!) so I'm very happy...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “MMMMmmmmmm this is a great tea. Thanks *Sil* I've been drinking this for most of the evening, and it's really nice. Nice gentle strawberry. Nice black base - is that a hint of malty chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 734 tasting notes
  • “Mucho gracias to *Sil* for this sample! I am really liking this blend. Uber yummy!! Reminds me of the Strawberry tea I bought from Pippins last summer, and still have a smidge left of, but it's...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1314 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

The delicious taste of this classic summer fruit fused with black China tea makes an unusually refreshing drink – the perfect complement to a hot summer’s day.

Taste and Strength
Sweet and summery

When to Drink
Ideal at any time of day

Origin
Mainly China

Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Best drunk without milk

About Fortnum & Mason View company

bwahahahaha go go gadget sipdown! I had this with a splash of cream and sweetner this afternoon while packaging up tea for friends. While i’ve enjoyed this one a bunch i am super happy to be sipping down another of my oldest teas! With any luck i’ll get through Feb 13 teas before i hit 2014 :)

pyarkaaloo

haha this is a cute review ;) i’m a real fan of strawberry black teas…did u try the one by Ahmad’s of London? i’m surprised at how good it is!

also: +1 for adding cream & sweetener, this is strawberry shortcake for sure

i think? i’ve tried ahmads but it’s not readily available here…

Goodbye yummy black Strawberry tea!

Happy New Years Eve to everyone. :)

We are doing nothing special today, but I did watch about 4 episodes of Supernatural (hello season 5!) so I’m very happy with where the day went! We’re almost out of Christmas cookies and chips and all that junk so that’s also a bonus. Then I won’t be tempted to eat all the bad things if it’s not sitting in my cupboard, taunting me.

Sipdown (157)

Fjellrev

Sounds like my NYE. TV and junk food. Ugh!

OMGsrsly

TV and junk food is perfect for me. :)

MMMMmmmmmm this is a great tea. Thanks Sil
I’ve been drinking this for most of the evening, and it’s really nice. Nice gentle strawberry. Nice black base – is that a hint of malty chocolate way in the back from the base – maybe, or it’s wishful thinking – either way I like this.
It’s not fake in your face flavors, it’s just nice and subtle but no question it’s strawberry. I really like this with a hint of sweetener and a dash of milk. It makes me happy.

OMGsrsly

Yours is the third or fourth positive review I’ve seen, so I’m adding this to my (distant future) shopping list! :)

Dexter

It’s different that what you would expect from Davids or Della, more natural somehow, more subtle, but yet oooozes strawberry. I really like it. If I saw it, I would buy more. :))

Excellent… :)

It’s quite nice. If I had more I’d send some your way but it’s been parcelled out. Heh

Mucho gracias to Sil for this sample!
I am really liking this blend. Uber yummy!! Reminds me of the Strawberry tea I bought from Pippins last summer, and still have a smidge left of, but it’s lost all it’s flavour since I didn’t have a tin for it and so ended up storing it in it’s gold foil baggie.
Anyhow, I digress.
This tea tastes just like a strawberry campino candy! Creamy and sweet. Yum. I love that it was amazing without any additives, but just a touch of sugar, as in 1/3 tsp, made it into a truly decadent dessert. I should have waited til later in the day haha.
The black base is nice as well, standing up to the flavouring. In some ways I think it is very similar to the 52Teas black base, only smoother and not so abrasive.

Ozli

Mmmm, strawberry campinossss. ;)

Indigobloom

it was so yum! I wanted strawberries after lol

I’ve got more at my place. Just Saying :)

also..did i mention MY PARENTS ARE IN PARIS FOR A WHOLE WEEK AS OF SATURDAY!!!!! which means they have been given a list of at least 5 teas i’d like them to go find. If they bring back even 1 i’ll be happy lol

Indigobloom

drooooooools. You are a lucky girl Sil!

Thanks, Sil, for this sample! I had two cups of this tea last night while getting caught up with the latest season of Dexter (yeah, I know, I was supposed to finish off the last few pages of the fourth Wheel of Time).

Loved the cream component to this tea. It was slightly more dominant than the soft, dessert strawberry flavour. Sugar and vanilla are usually good things. The black tea base was smooth, with little astringency or bitterness, making it easy to drink quickly. I regret not saving one of the servings for another day.

CHAroma

Ugh, Wheel of Time. That’s some of the worst writing I’ve ever read. The story is good, but the storytelling is atrocious.

CrowKettle

Yes! I’ve dealt with my fair share of mediocre writing (thank you fanfiction), but the length of this series drives home the absurd amount of repetition. I wonder how many times Nynaeve tugs at her braid across the whole series. Despite that, and other faults, I’ve enjoyed the story so far.

Here’s one from the BBBB, compliments of Sil. Thanks Sister!

I drank this straight, but I think next time I’ll sweeten it a bit, & maybe even add a little french vanilla creamer, ala strawberries & cream!
Little Terri is in my head, yelling, “I want more tea!!!”, like a little brat. The truth is, I do want more tea, but I need to make my next cup something without caffeine, so I can go to bed early, or at least at a reasonable hour tonight.

i liked this one cold…

Terri HarpLady

I could see that it would make for a nice refreshing cold brew :)

1.5 tablespoons for 375 ml

A little too astringent. I think that I must have used too much leaf. I should use only 1 tbp for 375 ml in the future. Good strawberry flavour.

Thanks to Sil for sharing!

i’ve got tons if you want another crack at it down the road lol

Raritea

I think so! I would love to try this again!

I used this entire sample (sent by Sil ages ago!) on a cold brew because I figured it was mostly fruity and fruity teas deserve to be iced.

I had read tasting notes of this brewed hot and being bitter so I decided to just put it all in the DAVIDs mason jar and let it steep. I only intended to have it go for around 18 hours but it ended up being at least 28, so I was super worried about astringence and bitterness. But when I tried it it was AMAZING!

This was exactly what the name purported it to be: sweet, natural strawberry flavor with a smooth black tea base at the end of the sip. No real creamy vanilla notes (which my other two strawberry teas have, and which I like okay hot but do not want cold), and no need for sweetening. I easily like this as much as the Dammann’s fig blend for icing, which is sad, as it’s a sipdown. Figures.

Ah well, I’m hoping to try my Dammann Freres Moroccan Mint iced (as I had a sip of Honest Tea’s bottled equivalent yesterday and it was really good) so I imagine that that will keep me busy for a while until I get around to stocking this again.

My tea inventory is a revolving door currently – and I’m excited to get some fresh blends (and their tasting notes) up soon!

I accidentally way over-steeped this one because I was distracted, but it surprisingly didn’t turn out super bitter. Only a little more bitter than usual. Anyway, this tea almost tasted more like apple to me than strawberry, but it was still delicious with a clean taste. Definitely loving all the Fortnum & Mason fruit black teas!

Excellent full bodied flavour! Tastes like a hot strawberry shortcake when you add sugar and cream. Strong black tea with bits of strawberries in the blend. Difficult to find, however, except through Fortnum and Mason in London