Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Tea of the morning.... EDIT TO ADD: Their delivery service is appalling. I cannot in good conscience give this tea a good rating. Service = 0, the tea was about an 80. And likely my last pot...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Haven't had this in a while, and I've missed its slightly smokey presence. F&M teas are overpriced, but they tend to be top notch (some blends are hit and miss, though). My regular tea partners...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 386 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! I am a fan of this one, though it's not my favourite F&M tea to date. This is a good keemun, though I think i still really love the one from red blossom that i purchased a while back. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Little Terri's Sipdown Extravaganza!!! Week Two! I've decided to focus today on savoring the rest of the teas that were sent to me from *NofarS*! We did an awesome swap a few months ago, &...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2951 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

Keemun is the most famous of China’s black teas, requiring great skill to produce. The small, delicate leaf provides a rich, brown, lightly scented and almost nutty liquor that is terrific on its own but also takes extremely well to milk, which brings out its extraordinary smoothness.

Taste and Strength
An amber infusion with a nutty charater

When to Drink
Ideal at any time of day

Origin
Keemun, China

Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Serve with milk or brew lighter and drink without milk.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

Tea of the morning….

And likely my last pot for a while as it is gone and my refill is stuck in a warehouse somewhere. I was so fortunate to be able to make an order at their online store for some tea for myself as well as a gift for a friend. I thought I ordered in plenty of time Nov. 23. My invoice showed a delivery day of Dec. 8. I was pretty confident that would give me time to get the gift in the mail and off to where it was going in plenty of time for Christmas. The 8th came and went….and after a few emails with Customer Service at F&M, I found out that my order has not shipped out (on Dec.22) because they are having warehouse issues. Wow. It is a good thing I emailed, because there was no offer of this information. I know it is bad to review a place based upon one experience, but I am very disappointed. It will probably be my only order from them ever, and I will just have to enjoy other teas. For those considering an order, my suggestion is to plan way ahead. And maybe avoid the holidays all together. I would cancel my order, but the allure of orange marmalade with gold leaf in it celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee for my friend is just too cool…along with a commemorative tin of Jubilee Tea. Maybe by Valentine’s?

Ellyn

Sorry to hear of your order woes!

Camiah

Wow, a month? And I was tempted to order some of this very same Keemun based on Steepster tasting notes (probably yours, actually). It’s a shame the customer service is so bad.

SimpliciTEA

I also am sorry to hear about your experience with them. Thank you for letting us know. I hope you get your shipment soon!

Haridasi

My experience with their shipping has been the complete opposite. The tea was delievered to the door – very quickly after purchase. I have contacted their support with various response. One time it was the best customer service I have ever experienced, one time they didn’t even respond.

I think you might have just been very unlucky.

SimplyJenW

@Helene….I had to get my bank involved to get my money back. That has never happened before in all my years of ecommerce. It was all over the news, too, about an IT failure over the Holidays. It is the worst online experience I have ever had. Online reviews about their delivery service tell me that it is not a rarity. I only wish I had done a little more review searching before I made the purchase.

Haven’t had this in a while, and I’ve missed its slightly smokey presence. F&M teas are overpriced, but they tend to be top notch (some blends are hit and miss, though). My regular tea partners weren’t at work today, so I had to drag newcomers to enjoy tea with me. I prefer sharing tea with other people to drinking it by myself. How about you?

sipdown! I am a fan of this one, though it’s not my favourite F&M tea to date. This is a good keemun, though I think i still really love the one from red blossom that i purchased a while back. I added some maple syrup as i always do to keemuns and let the flavours dance in my mouth. I really do love a good keemun.

(on a random side note…i so want the signature package of assam that twinnings does…it has an elephant on it. Stupid stupid unavailable teas/packages here in NA lol)

Terri HarpLady

Maybe we could do an amazing tea trade with Kitty Loves Tea, if she can get them?

there is that… have you SEEN their special edition stuff? it’s really cute… heh

no…lol…but I probably want one…lol

Yes…waaaannntttt
I didn’t see anything indicating that they won’t ship here…

ashmanra

Youngest and eldest will both be over there in a couple of weeks…

gmathis

Are you sending youngest and eldest with empty suitcases to bring tea booty back to Mama?

ashmanra

They may or may not have orders to bring home tea if they want me to let them in the house, :) Tea and Jelly Babies.

yyz

When I used o go to the UK for work a lot the one thing I was guaranteed to bring back was chocolate. Of the commercial varieties Cadbury is good but Galaxy is probably my favourite milk chocolate ever.

oh god yes… such delicious chocolate~

Cavocorax

Oh, I love that tin. It’s so cute.

Little Terri’s Sipdown Extravaganza!!! Week Two!
I’ve decided to focus today on savoring the rest of the teas that were sent to me from NofarS! We did an awesome swap a few months ago, & gratefully both of us received our boxes, & although I’ve sampled a few of the teas, I’d like to finish sampling them. I’m sharing them with Sil, so once I get through my half of each tea, I’ll pack up the box, along with her half of an order we split recently, & send it on it’s way, thus increasing her numbers while decreasing mine, hehehe…

This is very nice Keemun, just a gently earthy cup of tea to enjoy.

This was a sample from SimplyJenW – thank you, Jen!

I had Harney and Sons English breakfast yesterday, and it is a 100% Keemun tea. I love it! It is so fortifying. I do take it with milk and sugar. I was curious to see how this one would compare.

The dry leaves smell almost identical to Harney’s. The steeped tea…also very comparable. The sip- I agree with Jen. This has a bit of a bite, a little more astringency than I like, but if you love breakfast blend teas that include Indian tea I think you would like this. We added milk and sugar. Youngest thought it didn’t differ significantly from the Harney tea, but she didn’t try it without milk and sugar. The milk smooths the bite!

Thank you, Jen! We enjoyed having something new to try today!