Green Tea with Elderflower

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Devilish

• “*TTB #16* Yummy! I don't know much about elderflower, but it seems to taste a bit like prickly pear and a little bit like quince. It gives this green a cool spin. The tea is smooth and a little...” Read full tasting note
    poziomka 218 tasting notes
  • “I had this last Sunday at a girly tearoom, and I thought this was awesome! It smelled so flowery that I thought a flower was blooming in my cup. :) Even bees would love it because it tasted...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 317 tasting notes
  • “I took a trip to England over the summer and fell in love with elderflower everything, so before I left I snatched up the only elderflower tea I could find--this one. After a very short steep...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 467 tasting notes
  • “A refreshing tea that smells and tastes strongly of elderflower. It brews very light (don't overbrew or it will go bitter) and is wonderful as a summer drink. Goes well with honey, doesn't go well...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 412 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

Fragrant elderflower is a worthwhile companion to the best green tea, as the complementary flavours combine to create an especially subtle and distinctive drink.

Taste and Strength
Fragrant, light and refreshing

When to Drink
Ideal at any time of day.

Origin
China

Brewing Information
Brew at 80° for a couple of minutes. Best drunk without milk.

Storage advice
Airtight container, preferably a tea caddy

About Fortnum & Mason View company

TTB #16

Yummy! I don’t know much about elderflower, but it seems to taste a bit like prickly pear and a little bit like quince. It gives this green a cool spin. The tea is smooth and a little bit creamy. While it is not particularly complex, I could definitely see this one as being my default-go-to tea in the afternoons!

I had this last Sunday at a girly tearoom, and I thought this was awesome! It smelled so flowery that I thought a flower was blooming in my cup. :) Even bees would love it because it tasted strongly of honey (I was not sure if any honey was added to the tea, though)! A delicate and sweet tea indeed. I was glad that I had chosen it from the menu!

I took a trip to England over the summer and fell in love with elderflower everything, so before I left I snatched up the only elderflower tea I could find—this one.

After a very short steep it’s already a little bitter, but the aftertaste is sweet and floral. I imagine this would be great iced.

A refreshing tea that smells and tastes strongly of elderflower. It brews very light (don’t overbrew or it will go bitter) and is wonderful as a summer drink. Goes well with honey, doesn’t go well with milk.

175 °F / 79 °C

T&C TTB 13/23

I had this tea a few nights ago when all the computers in my house decided not to like Steepsters, every other website worked. I finally have everything packed and ready to ship tomorrow morning for the T&C TTB I just need to catch up on here.

The tea, the tea was lovely and tasted like Spring flowers. The recommended steep time I was given was very short, less than a minute. I’m glad I followed it, the flower taste was not over powering or bitter.