Rose Pouchong

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Fortnum & Mason

Roses and tea go beautifully together, whether as a setting or a fragrance. In this speciality of China, rose petals are interleaved with the tea as it dries and a few are left in for decoration, ensuring that the visual appearance matches the aromatic.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

Fabulously fragrant while you wait for it to steep, and equally wonderful on the palate when sipped. Not to be missed, light and refreshing and totally uplifting.

Delicate, but with a lovely scent and taste. Probably the nicest rose-flavoured tea I’ve tasted.

A formerly London-based friend served this up to me. She prepared it loose cup-by-cup. First the smell is lovely and aromatic, The taste is quite full with a strong but pleasant aftertaste. I’ve heard that it can be served with a splash of milk, which I will have to try. I’ve never had a light pouchong before, which I will have to try and compare this to!

Smell is rich and muscatal with a hint of rose. Fortnum & Mason has this as a black tea on their website, and while the brew is a deep red-orange, it just doesn’t have the same bite or body of any black teas I’ve tried. Very smooth. I’m used to very light pouchongs which fall under the oolong category, so this was a nice change.