Darjeeling Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LaFleurBleue

• “I may have systematically brewed it at too high a temperature... However I have tried it with shorter and shorter steeping time. I found the tea always tasted too bitter for my taste. The quality...” Read full tasting note
    LaFleurBleue 111 tasting notes
  • “The question is: why you would want to try a Darjeeling Green?? This tea has a very 'green' leaf smell, well, it actually looks very green. That fresh but over-raw smell gone after putting in...” Read full tasting note
    narraboth1 8 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

The distinctive Muscatel notes of Darjeeling emerge clearly from this select blend of unoxidised leaves. The tea has a clear, yellowy appearance that is at its best when unclouded by milk.

Taste and Strength
Light and refreshing

When to Drink
Refreshing at any time of day.

Origin
Darjeeling, India

Brewing Information
Brew at 80° for a couple of minutes. Best drunk without milk.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

I may have systematically brewed it at too high a temperature… However I have tried it with shorter and shorter steeping time. I found the tea always tasted too bitter for my taste. The quality of the leaves seem however rather nice.
A box was given to me as a Christmas present; I have probably tried it between 5 to 10 times, always ended up draining the teapot in the sink after 1 to 2 cups that I had not enjoyed.
I’ve also tried it iced without success.
I will probably end up throwing it away…

The question is: why you would want to try a Darjeeling Green??

This tea has a very ‘green’ leaf smell, well, it actually looks very green. That fresh but over-raw smell gone after putting in hot water… but no much other scent coming out. The tea taste alright, slightly bitter and quite a bit of astrigency. A tiny bit of sweetness. In general, very very light, and if you over brew it (over time of over amount of leaves), the astrigency becomes too pronuonced. I have tried a much more expensive Darjeeling Green, which is better but not that better. I guess it’s just how Darjeeling Green is like.