Ceylon Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by NofarS
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 7 oz / 200 ml

• “Morning brew. Eying the new teas at Verdant, but I know that I'm going to splurge on teas while in London, so I'm not sure if it's worth buying now or waiting a month or two...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 326 tasting notes
  • “Had a cup of this for breakfast. Deep, dark flavor. I really enjoy this. It has this slight bitterness (not from oversteeping, just from the tea's flavor) that is really enjoyable. Complex,...” Read full tasting note
    MartinSimonnet 8 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

Orange Pekoe denotes a large-leaved tea, and the dark, even leaves of this tea are indicative of a really good Ceylon. Just a touch of delicate high-grown tea is added to the more robust low-grown leaves to create a medium-strength brew – ideal for a pick-me-up in the afternoon.

Taste and Strength

Bright, crisp and full-bodied

When to Drink
Best in the afternoon
Origin
Ceylon
Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Serve with milk or brew lighter and drink without milk.
Storage advice
Airtight container, preferably a tea caddy.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

Morning brew. Eying the new teas at Verdant, but I know that I’m going to splurge on teas while in London, so I’m not sure if it’s worth buying now or waiting a month or two…

Had a cup of this for breakfast. Deep, dark flavor. I really enjoy this. It has this slight bitterness (not from oversteeping, just from the tea’s flavor) that is really enjoyable. Complex, strong, flavourful. I recommend this tea if you like strong black teas, that is.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML