Christmas Spiced Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Andrew Broussard

From Fortnum & Mason

This speciality tea is an exclusive Fortnum’s blend, given a seasonal twist with cocoa nibs, orange peel and ginger. Try it at teatime with mince pies and Christmas cake.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

This is one of my favourite teas. I grew up drinking Chinese tea black and strong so I’m not always big on the floral/flower mixes (looking at you David’s Tea). I do love me a good chai, and this tea even with its lack of distinct spices, reminds me of it. It tastes wonderful with milk, but I’ll brew it strong hot and cold without anything. The saffron is light and so is the hint of orange. Wonderful tea. I’ve been trying to make mine last a long time because I no longer have access to it.

This came from OMGsrsly in our recent meet up. I opted to have this one this morning without really knowing the flavour profile ahead of time, but I sniffed it, and it smelled good…so I made this. Still not knowing much about it, I added milk and sugar, as I do with most blacks, because I never know how astringent or strong a black is til I taste it, and taking it with me while it cools means I add milk and then go. That said, I think that next time, I might opt for it without milk to see how it is. It was a nice, mildly spiced cup, but I feel like I lost some delicateness with the addition of the milk.

Thanks again for the sample!

1914 tasting notes

Weird that no one else has tasting notes. Where were they filed?

Anyways, I have this big package from MissB that says “Christmas Spiced Tea” on the bottom, so this is what I’m guessing it was.

It was… way more delicate than expected. Even with the bazillion cloves I got in my mug, it wasn’t too clovey. Nice and gentle, went really nicely with milk. There’s lots of safflower (fake saffron, the really orange bits) in this tea, which makes it really pretty.

I think I quite like this one, and will be keeping some. Thanks, MissB!