Gunpowder Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gramarye1971

From Fortnum & Mason

Fortnum’s has stocked this green tea continuously since the eighteenth century, which says a great deal about its likeability. The tightly rolled leaves first resemble gunpowder pellets, which uncurl when brewed to give an unexpectedly peaceful and delicate tea. Excellent served without milk after dinner, either hot or iced.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

Sis brought this back from London. She has it set in her head that my favourite thing in the world is green tea. It’s not, but I like to keep some around for a full moon when I turn into a veggie craving monstrosity. Sometimes green is good. Like when I’m sick and reaping the consequences of my procrastination.

It’s so typical of me to get cold-like symptoms at this time of the year. Bleh! I need something to help me keep calm and focus right now, and green tea is one of the few things that works.

For whatever reason, I find tea steeped in teapots, particularly green tea, tastes better in little cups. It doesn’t fly so well in this huge mug however, although it’s passable.

This is vegetal, smoky, and somewhat buttery. The slight astringency tells me I need to steep for a shorter amount of time. and steal a variable temperature kettle.

yyz

I find I like my greens in smaller cups too!

A delicious, slightly bitter green tea. Best when steeped to strength – creates a nice amber color in the cup and the bite is a nice touch after a meal.