Fairy Tears Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mel

From Franklin Tea

Wu-long from the Wuyi mountains. Steep 1 tsp per 8 oz for 4 minutes. Multiple infusions.

About Franklin Tea View company

Bolder than other oolongs I’ve tried. Slightly astringent, but I may have used too much leaf. There are some definite caramel notes in this tea. Prepared with stevia.

This is my first real experience with oolong. I know I have had this type of tea before in different Chinese restaurants and bought it bagged. But this is the first experience where I know I am having it!
I received an ample sample of this tea from wombatgirl. It’s pretty bold, caramel and fall in a cup. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants in Chicago wouldn’t tell me the brand of tea they used. Looks like I don’t need them.

The 2nd infusion is very very weak. I don’t think this tea in multiple infusions, which is a shame. Still, a nice dark brew.

Good stuff! Hard to describe…but this tastes like minerals and earth. Sounds like an odd taste – but it’s great if you are a true oolong lover. This is not a tea for beginners. You have to appreciate oolongs to like this one. Franklin Tea is a great tea shop.