Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

• “I received a sample of this from *Suziqzer*. Thank you for sharing. Reading the name of this tea I got really excited. I love both flavors. Brewed up though this was a little too medicinal for...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 421 tasting notes
  • “Forgot about this one and ended up buying a small amount to share with Anne. It's ok...I suppose. The weird thing about this one is that it infuses way darker than I expected much like a black...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I have to say that I am in agreement with the others who have reviewed the tea. I like ginger, I like lemon but with this I'm not so sure they brought them together well. Can't really find a...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 349 tasting notes
  • “This is my very first chicory...and blech. Not my cuppa. At all. Looking at the title, lemon and ginger, mmm... I like both of those flavors, so together it must taste delicious! I even enjoyed the...” Read full tasting note
    albertocanfly 108 tasting notes

From Frontier Natural Products Co-op

Frontier’s unique Lemon Ginger tea is a fragrant melange of green, grassy blades of lemongrass, orange peel and coriander seeds. The intense, sweet, fruity aroma and flavor comes from a spritz of 100% pure lemon oil which is expressed from the peel of the fresh fruit. Lemon Ginger tea yields a warm and comforting infusion with a lovely balance of rich ginger and bright lemony and floral coriander notes.

About Frontier Natural Products Co-op View company

I received a sample of this from Suziqzer. Thank you for sharing.

Reading the name of this tea I got really excited. I love both flavors. Brewed up though this was a little too medicinal for me. I get the lemon form the lemon grass and I get ginger. It tastes like there is chamomile in there. I am not sure why this didn’t work for me. It is a very dark brew which is really surprising. I added some ice and it was okay cold. I really wanted to like this one, but it is not my cup of tea.

Suziqzer

Sorry it was a miss for you.

I have to confess I haven’t steeped this one yet myself. I bought it because it’s smells amazing, but I’m not a big citrus tea fan. Thinking I might cold brew it and see what happens.

Forgot about this one and ended up buying a small amount to share with Anne. It’s ok…I suppose. The weird thing about this one is that it infuses way darker than I expected much like a black tea…odd…

I have to say that I am in agreement with the others who have reviewed the tea. I like ginger, I like lemon but with this I’m not so sure they brought them together well. Can’t really find a positive except to say thanks to say “Thanks” to Ost for sending this my way. At least I know not to buy it.

This is my very first chicory…and blech. Not my cuppa. At all. Looking at the title, lemon and ginger, mmm… I like both of those flavors, so together it must taste delicious! I even enjoyed the smell…..and the taste is just veryyyy concentrated version of the smell.. not sure why I didn’t like it…but it ended up going down the drain :’( For a herbal tea, it brews so incredibly dark…strange. Might try this again someday with only steeping the littlest bit of leaves..

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
gmathis

Chicory with lemon? That’s a little odd…it works better with chocolatey/vanilly flavors.

albertocanfly

I could see that working a little better. Looks like I’ll have to try a different tea with chicory in it.. it just might be in the wrong place at the wrong time:]

apt

chicory is known to be a coffee replacement. it is very dark.

I received a sample of this from Suziqzer, thanks! I drank some of this last week and actually quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I was unable to re-create whatever I did last wee because I just brewed this and had to toss it out. It was over-whelmingly bitter and it was un drinkable.

Suziqzer

Oh no. Must be finicky?? I plan to try this one cold steeped and see how it fairs. I’ve not yet mustered the courage to try it hot, it smells so good dry I’m afraid it won’t live up to my expectations.. And I imagine it to be pretty heavy on the citrus flavor which I’m still adjusting to.