Da Hong Pao Rou Gui Flavour

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “The spice, fruit and vanilla aspects were super apparent today, with the vanilla orchid floral note not really being noticeable until the fourth steep. There was a cherry note that is fading into...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 346 tasting notes
  • “I was drinking this at work today. This is a really nice dark oolong, but it's one of those that really confuse me. It's what I think of as a cross over. This is almost black, it's not quite...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 697 tasting notes

From Fu Tea Store

Cinnamon (Rou Gui) tea is one of the main branch of Da hong pao, also known as Wuyi Oolong tea. This tea smells like cinnamon, and is a little more bitter than other Da hong pao teas, but the bitterness will disappear after the tea soup goes through the throat. The tea has a very sweet aftertaste that lasts for a long while. After brewing, the leaves become green with red edge. This tea is grown and produced by the sellers who have sold in the domestic Chinese market for years.

About Fu Tea Store View company

The spice, fruit and vanilla aspects were super apparent today, with the vanilla orchid floral note not really being noticeable until the fourth steep. There was a cherry note that is fading into apricot, which I didn’t notice the last time, perhaps that was because my first steep was 35s instead of 25s this time. I love the warming effect it has on my body. Happy to be revisiting this tea and happy to have a tin of it!

Fjellrev

What a glorious-sounding tea, with all the fruits, vanilla and spices going on.

I was drinking this at work today. This is a really nice dark oolong, but it’s one of those that really confuse me. It’s what I think of as a cross over. This is almost black, it’s not quite oolong enough for me, and it’s not quite black enough.
For today, I’m going to not worry about what it is, and just enjoy it. It is a very nice dark tea.
Thank you so much yyz for sending me a sample of this really nice tea.

yyz

Its funny you say that because on aliexpress Da Hong Pao is sometimes sold with the black teas, or at least separately from the other Oolong’s so maybe others see the higher oxidised Da Hong Pao’s the same way.

Dexter

The first time I ran into this was Black Pearl Sumatra from Tealux – listed as an oolong but was more like a black to me. I’ve run into a few since then. They seem to be a little of both, have both black and oolong characteristics. They always confuse me. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoyed this tea, and this one was more oolong than black, but it was right on the edge. That’s just how I felt about it….