Jasmine Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Either I am spoiled by Teavivre's Jasmine Teas or this hasn't aged well. I tried cold steeping it and there wasn't much jasmine to it, and the green base was a bit astringent. Ah well, at least I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1813 tasting notes
  • “My second Gongfu of today. My previous experience with this tea was not a positive one (so much so that I did not review or rate). My first encounter was bitter and sharp (from what I remember)...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1075 tasting notes
  • “We went kicking around a local asian supermarket today in search of a gaiwan (no luck) and any other random gems we could find. So we picked out a couple of things to try. I have to say, the...” Read full tasting note
    telepathboy 185 tasting notes
  • “Now _this_ my friends, is good jasmine tea! It's lightly fragranced and not artificial smelling or tasting, so you don't feel like you're drowning in a vat of perfume. The base is nice, a little...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1582 tasting notes

From Fujian Tea

This Jasmine tea contains green tea with added Jasmine flowers. This tea is characterized by its subtly sweet and fragrant taste. It is extremely refreshing and palate cleansing.

About Fujian Tea View company

tastes just like restaurant tea (they probably do actually use this since it’s so cheap). drinking a nice mugful while i try and finish hw.

had to add more tea because it wasn’t strong enough.

Boiling 8 min or more

they also have this bagged. but i couldnt taste/smell the jasmine very much…so im wondering is there really that huge a difference between the loose leaves in the tin and that bagged ones when they have the same name?

i will try steeping with 2 bags next time.

Pretty sure I burnt this so i’m gonna wait to review until later. Need to stop trying to brew tea while making dinner. Not really impressed with the smell or taste of this one so far.

Not the best jasmine I’ve had, but decent enough. It’s too bitter for my taste and I have to add something sweet — but then again, I almost always feel the need to sweeten floral teas. As others have said, this is definitely worth the low price point and I personally expect to keep some around as long as I’m on a budget.

Three steepings at 175F for 3 minutes each. I have bought this before and just thrown it in hot water (how hot? I didn’t know) for about 2 to 8 minutes (without paying attention) and generally enjoyed it and the variable results. The first time I bought it was at the counter of a chinese restaurant. How inexpensive!

I appreciate it more after taking care with temperature and time over the last few days. Today I took the time to steep it three times and enjoy each cup. This is the first time I have tried re-steeping green tea leaves. Fun!

1st: Moderate jasmine and slightly bitter aroma, golden color. The flavors I get, in order, are bitter, jasmine, then green. Slightly astringent. There is a sweet aftertaste. The cup is more bitter at the bottom.

2nd: Jasmine aroma fainter, but still there. I get a green taste first, then a slightly bitter taste, then a faint jasmine taste. More enjoyable than the first cup. Less astringent. Sweet aftertaste is still there.

3rd: Jasmine aroma comparable with the 2nd steeping. The color is a redder gold. The green, jasmine, and bitter tastes are lighter and well balanced. Sweet, slightly bitter aftertaste. The bottom of the cup tastes much like the top.

I think I like the second steeping significantly more than the 1st or 3rd. I think the leaves “ran out of gas” for the 3rd, but the 3rd was still pleasant.

I think I will likely keep a tin of this in the cupboard.

Great sipping tea. Cheap and flavorful.

Jasmine Tea by Fujian Tea is the same as Jasmine Tea by Sunflower. It is an inexpensive loose leaf green tea scented with jasmine fragrance. Do not follow the packaged insert (pour boiling water for 5 minutes) with this or any green or white tea, as your tea will get bitter (boiling water on greens or white makes the tea release tannins).
Steep it at 175F/79C for 60 to 90 seconds, not longer than 2 minutes. I like 3 grams in 150 to 200ml (about 5 oz to 6.5 oz). You can get a second steep that will taste milder (and better in my opinion). As with any subsequent steep, it will have much less caffeine, but still some antioxidants. I know some people who prefer to discard the first steep, but I drink it.
It’s a good starter tea, for daily consumption, but nothing fancy.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 15 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

Yuck. I don’t know what I did wrong, but this tea tastes dreadful today. :P

I find that I enjoy floral teas more than fruit flavored teas. This is one of my favorites. A very inexpensive tea that you can find at Oriental groceries.

Oh; this is like the most nostalgic tea ever
lol – I think I grew up drinking this tea, as asian as our home is :)
I can say I don’t really enjoy Chinese teas – they tend to be really … smoky (?) for me but this Jasmine tea is the one I compare all the rest to.
yummy!!