Jasmine Tea

Green Tea
Jasmine, Citrus, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Fujian Tea

This Jasmine tea contains green tea with added Jasmine flowers. This tea is characterized by its subtly sweet and fragrant taste. It is extremely refreshing and palate cleansing.

About Fujian Tea View company

tastes just like restaurant tea (they probably do actually use this since it’s so cheap). drinking a nice mugful while i try and finish hw.

had to add more tea because it wasn’t strong enough.

Boiling 8 min or more

they also have this bagged. but i couldnt taste/smell the jasmine very much…so im wondering is there really that huge a difference between the loose leaves in the tin and that bagged ones when they have the same name?

i will try steeping with 2 bags next time.

Pretty sure I burnt this so i’m gonna wait to review until later. Need to stop trying to brew tea while making dinner. Not really impressed with the smell or taste of this one so far.

Not the best jasmine I’ve had, but decent enough. It’s too bitter for my taste and I have to add something sweet — but then again, I almost always feel the need to sweeten floral teas. As others have said, this is definitely worth the low price point and I personally expect to keep some around as long as I’m on a budget.

Three steepings at 175F for 3 minutes each. I have bought this before and just thrown it in hot water (how hot? I didn’t know) for about 2 to 8 minutes (without paying attention) and generally enjoyed it and the variable results. The first time I bought it was at the counter of a chinese restaurant. How inexpensive!

I appreciate it more after taking care with temperature and time over the last few days. Today I took the time to steep it three times and enjoy each cup. This is the first time I have tried re-steeping green tea leaves. Fun!

1st: Moderate jasmine and slightly bitter aroma, golden color. The flavors I get, in order, are bitter, jasmine, then green. Slightly astringent. There is a sweet aftertaste. The cup is more bitter at the bottom.

2nd: Jasmine aroma fainter, but still there. I get a green taste first, then a slightly bitter taste, then a faint jasmine taste. More enjoyable than the first cup. Less astringent. Sweet aftertaste is still there.

3rd: Jasmine aroma comparable with the 2nd steeping. The color is a redder gold. The green, jasmine, and bitter tastes are lighter and well balanced. Sweet, slightly bitter aftertaste. The bottom of the cup tastes much like the top.

I think I like the second steeping significantly more than the 1st or 3rd. I think the leaves “ran out of gas” for the 3rd, but the 3rd was still pleasant.

I think I will likely keep a tin of this in the cupboard.

Great sipping tea. Cheap and flavorful.

This tea hit my eye while I was browsing for ramen in a local asia shop.
Considering the low cost of this product I wasn’t even sure if I should bother buying it.
Well I did and I’m not disappointed.

The tea smells really nice, soothing and not too strong.
I might be biased because it reminds me of my youth.
The following lines may be hard to imagine for a lot of you guys but please bear with it.
It smells like a stack of hay.
No, I’m not talking about any old dry grass.
I’m talking about grass, herbs and flowers which grow in the Alps.
They are cut, dried in the sun and stored as fodder for feeding livestock during winter.
They are also used in medicine and beauty products.

The taste heavily depends on how the tea is being prepared (well, of course…)
Steeping it for a long time with boiling water results in a soapy and bitter tasting brew that isn’t consumable.
It’s best to try different temperatures and steeping times to find what you want.
If you are afraid of germs and want to use boiling water it’s best to use a glas cup.
This way you are able to see how the colour changes which can help you to choose the right time to get the leaves out of there.

All in all this isn’t the best tea in the world, it takes time to find the right amount of leaves, steeping time and temperature to brew a tea that suits your taste.
Every person is different.
Still, what you get for this price is mindblowing.

Additional information:
I neither add sugar nor milk.
I use three teaspoons for one liter water at 82°C.
I use the teavleaves twice, the second time with a slightly longer steeping time.

My apologies if there are grammar mistakes ;o)

Have a nice day with a nice cup of tea!

Thank you, KittyLovesTea for a generous amount of this tea :)!

Somehow I managed to not add this to my cupboard until just now instead of when I got all of my teas. Weird.

Anywho, when I opened up the bag and transferred the tea to a tin the look and smell of this tea is exactly like Silk Dragon Jasmine from DAVIDs- smaller leaves, and a light jasmine scent. When brewed up it is almost exactly the same as Sill Dragon Jasmine- stronger green tea base with a light jasmine flavor. The only difference is that this tea is a little less “sensitive” (I brewed this one at 175 degrees F and not 160, and steeped it for 2 and a half minutes as opposed to 1). Overall pretty nice and I like it, but I will say dragon pearls and butterfly jasmine is better.

Flavors: Jasmine

im not much for jasmine teas

This tea is great if steeped for 1 min in 175F water. It is very light and without bitterness. The Jasmine taste is refreshing and you can get hints of citrus. The smell is floral without being too perfumey. I might increase my steeping time to 2 min but when I tried 3 min it was very bitter.

Flavors: Citrus, Flowers, Jasmine

Jasmine Tea by Fujian Tea is the same as Jasmine Tea by Sunflower. It is an inexpensive loose leaf green tea scented with jasmine fragrance. Do not follow the packaged insert (pour boiling water for 5 minutes) with this or any green or white tea, as your tea will get bitter (boiling water on greens or white makes the tea release tannins).
Steep it at 175F/79C for 60 to 90 seconds, not longer than 2 minutes. I like 3 grams in 150 to 200ml (about 5 oz to 6.5 oz). You can get a second steep that will taste milder (and better in my opinion). As with any subsequent steep, it will have much less caffeine, but still some antioxidants. I know some people who prefer to discard the first steep, but I drink it.
It’s a good starter tea, for daily consumption, but nothing fancy.

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 15 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 150 ML