Pistachio Lime Mate

Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Fusion Teas

2 Images

• “Trying a re-steep from earlier today. I wanted so much to log more on this - write a real review - etc but I have felt cruddy all day - just don't have the energy. Sorry. I don't even know if Mates...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Although I cheated and sent the last of this to Boxermama so am only drinking a half cup. I didn't like this the first time I tried it, and sadly, I still don't. Green mate, blech. And...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Ugh just got home and I am soooo tired. Sorry all for the hasty and short reviews. I ended up trying a bunch of new ones today by chance so bear with me! This tasted like regular mate to me. The...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1294 tasting notes
  • “I am enjoying this cup more than I remember enjoying my first cup. I liked it fine before, but this time, I am finding it quite exceptional. The lime is the strongest note but it never gets too...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4359 tasting notes

From Fusion Teas

Delicious hand-roasted pistachios paired with lime juice and a hint of heat from mild and fruity pasilla chiles create a distinctively unique refreshment that pairs beautifully with the herbaceous flavor of Argentinean yerba mate. Try hot or iced for a unique refreshment that is best shared with friends

Ingredients: Green yerba mate, organic green rooibos, organic rooibos, pistachios, coconut chips, lime leaves, lime zest, almonds, lime pieces, lime juice, natural flavor.

About Fusion Teas View company

Thanks Raul for the sample.

Okay, this is my first venture into the world of Yerba Mates…so this could change my desire to try others…but then again, I should try others to make a full decision on yerba mates in general.

Having stated that…
I didn’t care for this tea. I love lime & pistachio. And I love green rooibos. But just didn’t care for them in this combination. I brewed a pot with the sample given to me & I followed the steeping directions. The tea smelled good in the bag. I got the lime. I didn’t get much of the pistachio. And during brewing it was a lime smell mostly…but it seemed to get more faint & not more strong as I would have expected.

I added a little Sugar in the Raw thinking it would help bring out the flavor. Nope. I even added a fresh slice of lime. Nope.

But I did get a funky aftertaste like I would had I used Splenda as a sweetener. Is that normal for yerba mates? I don’t know…

Overall, I’m glad I got to try this tea, but I wouldn’t buy it. Sorry. Not my cuppa tea.

This blend was the most intriguing of all of the blends. Mate with sliced pistachios and actual pieces of limes. I was mortified and intrigued all at once, I had to try this blend.
When I finally got a chance, I was on my fourth cup of blended Mate drinks for the night. I was overloaded with liquids and my senses were heightened, but I was not going to not review it….right?
I immediately am taken a back by the smell, I say to myself, “this smells awful, pistachio and lime, what was Fusion Room thinking?” I brew a stout batch, and dig in…GLORIOUS! The team work of the pistachio and the lime worked wonderfully. At first I thought was going to be a dud, turned out to be great. They worked well together, and the smell was mellowed out when brewed. The Mate was not incredibly potent, but with a crazy blend like this, I did not expect to. I could taste the Mate though which I could not believe.
Awesome Blend

This is my favorite of Fusion’s mates, and luckily so considering I had a good feeling and ordered up six ounces of it. I can rarely resist pistachio anything, and the idea of this tea just seemed so weird and exciting that I couldn’t resist!

Though I had hoped for a profusion of pistachio flavor, it’s unsurprisingly a bit buried in a sea of lime and green mate. Not necessarily a bad thing, but good to know. It’s not very tart (yay!), more like the lime flavor that remains in your mouth after the initial shock of tartness has worn away. The brew smells pretty strongly of pistachios, though, which is interesting because you get pistachio on the nose as you go to take the drink and then in comes the green mate when you taste it.

Overall a good melding of all the flavors, but more importantly it has that elusive quality that keeps me coming back, wanting another cup. It’s very unique, like nothing else in my cupboard, good for any time of day but especially nice if you want caffeine in the morning without getting knocked out by a roastier brew. Highly recommended!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Thank you Shelley_Lorraine for sending me a mate.
and such an exotic one too!
my preference is always black tea. but my boyfriend’s and my best friend’s is always mate.
so i never buy it but i always wish i had so i can make it for them.
i love pistachio things. and i like coconut in almost any tea so far. so this is a winner. though i’m not sure it’s very pistachio, but it is limey! and great for the summer.

Now this is a wicked blend! Pistachios! Almonds! Lime! Coconut! All on a base of both kinds of rooibos and yerba mate! Yum yum yum! The main flavor here is lime, but I think if I steeped it hotter and longer, the nuttier flavors would show. The lime is not too bitter or sour — it is perfect. The bases of rooibos and yerba mate for these flavors couldn’t be better either. This is one of my favorite ideas for a blend! I really think Fusion Tea Room puts extra thought and care into making these amazing blends. I can’t wait to try more!

The smell of this is so strong that I expected smacked around by the pistachio and lime of it all when I drank it, but the flavors are surprisingly very subtle.

I snagged this one out of the Traveling Teabox a while ago. I have so much tea that I’m doing $10 packages again if anyone is interested. My goal right now is to get through all of my samples.
This one is ok. It is mostly earthy mate that I’m getting. There is a touch of lime but it’s really, really light and in the aftertaste. Which is slightly disappointing. I like this tea but I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to order it.
EDIT: As it cools down you can taste the lime a bit more. This might be one that needs to be iced.

From Travelling Tea Box C. Just a quick note of my impressions-
An interesting combination to say the least, but it was pretty darn good. The smell in the bag and in the cup was very lime like. I could taste the pistachio just a tad. This was my first time having green rooibos and I think I could tell the difference.

Very good flavor. I am a nut for citrus, especially lime flavor and this certainly has that. This would be yummy chilled and drank in the summer. Refreshing.