Very Velvet Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fusion Teas

2 Images

• “Yeah, this is better. Floral, strawberry, green oolong. I prefer Butiki's and Teavivre's to this one, but this is pretty darn good. Last little bit is cold steeping in the fridge. Thanks!” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1507 tasting notes
  • “*Thank you Fusion Teas for this sample!* The dry leaves have a strong artificial smell. It's almost like a strawberry car air freshener. Thank goodness, this is not what you get from the tea....” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 134 tasting notes
  • “So I got a bunch of samples from Fusion Teas and so far I have been on the fence about most of them, but I tried this one this morning and I really like it! I am usually not a huge strawberry fan,...” Read full tasting note
    TranquiliTea81 34 tasting notes
  • “How have I not reviewed this tea? My bag is almost empty, but somehow this is my first time logging this tea. I really like this one. The strawberry flavor is a tiny bit artificial, but the...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 770 tasting notes

From Fusion Teas

An Oolong that rivals all others. This tea combines the subtle but distinctively floral quality of traditional green oolong with a gentle and sweet berry flavor. Steep multiple times and use fewer leaves than normal to find your own perfect cup. Takes well to honey and can be served hot or iced.

Ingredients: Oolong, blue corn flowers, strawberry pieces, flavor.

About Fusion Teas View company

Yeah, this is better. Floral, strawberry, green oolong.

I prefer Butiki’s and Teavivre’s to this one, but this is pretty darn good.

Last little bit is cold steeping in the fridge.

Thanks!

Thank you Fusion Teas for this sample!

The dry leaves have a strong artificial smell. It’s almost like a strawberry car air freshener. Thank goodness, this is not what you get from the tea. The liquid is not as synthetic in the sip. It taste more like a light strawberry soda. I’m pretty sure this would be an excellent cold brewing tea. Even chilled on that note.

There is other nice flavors that emerge with this cup as well. You almost can taste a touch of peaches, with a little extra tanginess. Also, a hint of something that reminds me of jasmine. One thing is for sure – this tea leaves a very refreshing taste to the mouth. Not a bad drink for a long humid summer day.

So I got a bunch of samples from Fusion Teas and so far I have been on the fence about most of them, but I tried this one this morning and I really like it! I am usually not a huge strawberry fan, but this is balanced perfectly for my tastes. Eventually I am going to get around to getting a big bag of this! Love!

carol who

Very Velvet Oolong sounds very good. I like strawberry so that would be nice this cold, cold winter. Hey, I just like the name! I would try it for that reason alone.

I really like this one. The strawberry flavor is a tiny bit artificial, but the oolong flavor is great. So incredibly buttery with a slight floral sweetness. It’s light with a nice clean finish. Really, it’s a great spring tea. Subsequent steeps lose the strawberry flavor, but all the great oolong notes remain.

This is one I will reorder, but I’ll get it in a small quantity because it’s not something I’ll reach for during cooler weather.

Anna

I’m sold, I will add this to my wishlist now.

Veronica

It’s a nice one. I have been really impressed with the quality of Fusion’s teas.

Anna

I feel like a lot of people have been saying the same thing lately! I’ll look into shipping and stuff when I get back home.

I wanted berries! Time to try this one! (Better this one than the last couple of teaspoons of my Vicky’s Cake from Bluebird before I place an order at the end of the year!) I used a teaspoon and a half. Fusion suggests 180 for four minutes.

Steep #1 // 28 minutes after boiling // 3 min steep
Brewed, this one actually has a scent like it could be shampoo? In a good way? The slight strawberry flavor and whatever makes it seem like a flowery shampoo combines really well with the buttery oolong. I think this is the first oolong I’ve tried from Fusion and I like it. The flavor just lingers. I bet this one is really niced iced. Niced iced. hah.

Steep #2 // 25 min after boiling // 4 min
This steep seemed a bit harsh – tough – oversteeped. There was still some strawberry flavor left. But I think I should have steeped it like the first cup. The leaves were too unraveled for such a steep. I’ll enjoy the rest of my sample of this one!

DeliriumsFrogs

I don’t normally think drinking shampoo sounds appealing, but you’ve made it sound down right delectable. :)