Amazon Spice Guayusa

Guayusa Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First tasting note for this blend! Such a shame, since it's a good one. This was a free sample with my Fusion order for Black Friday! I kind of expected this to be chai with a guayusa base for...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1333 tasting notes

From Fusion Teas

This Amazonian blend of energizing guayusa is paired with full-bodied cinnamon and aromatic lemongrass. Guayusa is a native Amazonian tree leaf that indigenous people in the Ecuadorian Amazon have brewed like tea for thousands of years. Guayusa offers a clear, focused energy by balancing as much caffeine as one cup of coffee with twice the antioxidants of green tea. Organic and Fair Trade certified. A very versatile blend that can be enjoy hot or iced.

Ingredients: organic amazonian guayusa, organic lemongrass, organic cinnamon

1.5 tsp – 185 degrees – 4-6 min

About Fusion Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

First tasting note for this blend! Such a shame, since it’s a good one. This was a free sample with my Fusion order for Black Friday! I kind of expected this to be chai with a guayusa base for some reason. Really, it’s cinnamon and lots of lemongrass (I think there’s more lemongrass than guayusa actually). I used 1 1/2 teaspoons. This should really be called ‘sweet lemon guayusa’ or something! I’m actually very impressed with this one – very tasty. I love the unique flavor of guayusa and it is perfect here with sweet cinnamon and sweeter lemongrass. This would probably be amazing iced. The second steep was just as nice. I think that cinnamon works best with a just boiled temp though, so I always feel like cinnamon is wasted in some teas that don’t have a boiling steep. Sadly, I’ve noticed I seem to get mild headaches while drinking guayusa or yerba mate. I’d buy a ton of this blend from Fusion anyway.
Steep#1 // 25-30 minutes after boiling // 3-4 min