Organic Sungma Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Fusion Teas

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a decent Darjeeling. Lots of fruity notes and some sweetness. A few sips even reminded me of Fruit Loops cereal which was strange. As the tea cools the muscatel flavor comes to the front...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 464 tasting notes

From Fusion Teas

Sungma is one of the finest Organic tea estates in Darjeeling. Otherwise known as the champagne of tea, this Darjeeling lives up to the title. Bright with a floral muscatel aroma. A medium bodied cup with warm spice notes and a sweet finish. A very pleasing cup of tea indeed.

Ingredients: Organic Darjeeling Black Tea

About Fusion Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a decent Darjeeling. Lots of fruity notes and some sweetness. A few sips even reminded me of Fruit Loops cereal which was strange. As the tea cools the muscatel flavor comes to the front which is nice, but there is also something just hinting at bitterness at the end of the sip. I did a four minute steep for this cup. Next time I’ll shorten it by 30 seconds to see if that helps.

This isn’t my favorite Darjeeling, but it is a nice one. I’m glad I have more of it so I can play around some and try to find its sweet spot.