Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Belmonte

From Gala Tea

“An excellent tea tending sweet with full body. Top quality gyokuro tea base creates a stunning example of a premium matcha.”

About Gala Tea View company

This was my first taste of Matcha. I probably should have tested a tea shop’s preparation first so I knew what it was supposed to taste like. But I followed all the directions as closely as possible. I sifted it with my tea pot strainer to remove the clumps, I used the proper water temperature (175 degrees), and the right proportions (1 teaspoon to 3 oz water), and I whisked it in a bowl with a bamboo whisk (which was more expensive than the tea).

The color of this tea is great, it just looks healthy. I would consider the taste to be a grassy with a grainy (powdered) dirt like taste. Some might call it earthy. After my first taste I added milk and sugar and finished the cup. The caffeine level seemed light, but since I drank it first thing in the morning, it might have only taken me to awake.

I need to keep experimenting with my mix and preparation, but overall it was enjoyable. I did make a cup of Oolong after, which I enjoyed much more.