Melaleuca Herbal

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ctjuggler
200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 13 oz / 399 ml

2 Images

From G'Day Herbal Teas

What Makes It Different?
In addition to being a delicious, calming delight, Melaleuca Herbal Teas provide:

Melaleuca alternifolia leaf—used for centuries by the aborigines in Australia for its therapeutic properties
Ginseng—reputed for its energizing properties
Licorice and chamomile—helps you unwind after a long, stressful day
Ginger—makes Herbal Evening Tea perfect during dinnertime
Passionflower and hops—quiets your mind so you can focus on important projects
Why Is That Important?
Melaleuca Herbal Teas provide a simple and soothing escape, and are the ideal way to begin or end any day. A hot cup or cold glass of caffeine-free Melaleuca Herbal Tea helps calm your body and clear your mind and lets you take some time for yourself. Melaleuca Herbal Teas have no calories or fat, so you get maximum refreshment with absolutely no guilt.

Melaleuca Herbal Teas contain NO caffeine, artificial colors, or preservatives. Each tea bag is individually wrapped and sealed in a multi-layer pouch for long-lasting freshness and maximum flavor.

Ingredients: Chamomile Flower, Cinnamon Bark, Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Leaf, Cinnamon Oil Flavor

About G'Day Herbal Teas View company

Very, very strange. Not bad by any means, but just so… strange! This herbal is obviously more intended for the health market than the taste market, so it’s hard to hold it to the same standards. The website talks up the health benefits quite a bit, but I’m sure I won’t notice them. The smell and taste are strangely acidic and medicinal. The chamomile mellows it out a bit, and there’s a hoppy, cinnamon-laced bite at the end of each sip. I suppose it’s appropriate for such an unusual and unique tea to come from Australia. It’s like the platypus of teas.

Please keep things friendly and .

I knew nothing about this tea before trying it and I knew there was chamomile and cinnamon here. I looked up the ingredients (for the steepster info) and I was right. This isn’t a bad flavor. For some reason it reminds me of oatmeal cookies without raisins. I don’t usually prefer chamomile, but this tea is great.

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea was not bad but I found that it tasted a bit different/strange. I can immediately identify the Chamomile and Cinnamon in the tea. However after checking the ingredient list and the only other ingredients are Melaleuca Leaf and Natural Flavor.

I am pretty sure that the strange taste is from the melaleuca leaf. I am familiar with the smell of melaleuca oil (also known as tea tree oil but it is not related to camellia sinensis, the plant we get tea leaves from) and I think I can taste a slight background melaleuca flavor that makes this taste so different.

I am not sure why they wanted to add Melaleuca leaves to the tea. Maybe it was because the name of the company that sells the G’Day Herbal Teas is Melaleuca Inc. or maybe it is because melaleuca plants have antibacterial properties. I don’t know if dried melaleuca leaves in a tea would still have antibacterial properties or not but I don’t think you would want an antibacterial tea anyway because your digestive system relies on many types of good bacteria for digestion. I don’t think either of these reasons are good reasons to add an ingredient to a tea. The other possible reason I can think of for adding something to a tea is that it tastes good. But in this case I think it would have actually tasted better if it was a cinnamon spiced chamomile tea without the melaleuca leaves or the other natural flavors (but then they would have had to rename the tea).

In summary this tea tastes alright/good but it also tastes a bit strange.

Flavors: Cinnamon

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 11 OZ / 325 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Elegant, flavorful, soothing, comfortable tea!