L'école de Shangaï

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “I'm so happy I received a big tin of this tea as present ! My mom visited the museum Cernuschi in Paris (dedicated to the Asian Arts) and this tea is a special creation from the tea company George...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 335 tasting notes
  • “From *Sil*, this one is an oolong with various fruits. It has a tart & tangy lightly sweet character. There is a vegetal quality to it as well. I'm tea starved, I haven't had a cup for hours, so at...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2859 tasting notes
  • “I have to say...this one was a little bizarre :) While i am not a HUGE fan of oolongs, i do enjoy them from time to time. I also really like fruity teas. this tea confuses me though... it's like...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4726 tasting notes

From George Cannon

Oolong tea from China – Goji berries and Goji aromas, wild rose,chrysanthemum, citrus, jujube,longane & nashi

About George Cannon View company

I’m so happy I received a big tin of this tea as present !
My mom visited the museum Cernuschi in Paris (dedicated to the Asian Arts) and this tea is a special creation from the tea company George Cannon for one of the exhibition so she bought me a tin !

The tea base is an high quality oolong.
The leaves are so beautiful with all these wonderful berries and flowers.
The scent is more fruity than floral to me, same for the taste of the liquor.
To me the leading role goes to goji berries and citrus in a second role.
A very pleasant tea for an afternoon.
Saying this, this is not my favorite Cannon tea but I only had 4 and all were very impressive :)
I must say I am more and more impressed and interested by this brand and I need to continue tasting their creations.

cteresa

Cannon does seem to have amazing names for teas….

Ysaurella

you’re right, the name of their teas are often amazing but you know it’s almost the case of all the French tea brands…it’s really on our DNA to use references to literature and history …even for marketing ! In Portugal it may be the same ? You have really an amazing list of great poets and writers in your country.

cteresa

We do not really have any tea blenders ( a couple of tea plantations though. Most famous one has a name I do not know what it means, other two have generic “harbor” names, one is pretty harbor which is even our name for Taiwan and a bunch or other names. ). I guess the chance to be fancier might be with wine names. So maybe !

From Sil, this one is an oolong with various fruits. It has a tart & tangy lightly sweet character. There is a vegetal quality to it as well. I’m tea starved, I haven’t had a cup for hours, so at this point I’ll probably drink anything, but luckily this is actually a nice cup.
Not somethings I’d stock, but nice to try.

Ysaurella

Sil should have sent the rest of the sample I sent her and I’m very glad she did as you liked this lovely Oolong. This is kind of collector tea as it was made especially for the Musée Cernuschi in Paris and for a very specific temporary exhibition.

Terri HarpLady

That’s cool! What kind of exhibit was it?
Also, I love that we are trading even when we don’t realize it! :)

Ysaurella

it was an exhibition dedicated to the asian paintings from the shanghaï school(1840-1920).The cernuschi museum in the museum of Asian arts in Paris.

I have to say…this one was a little bizarre :) While i am not a HUGE fan of oolongs, i do enjoy them from time to time. I also really like fruity teas. this tea confuses me though… it’s like LOOK i’m an OOLONG! oh wait.. TRICKED YOU! hahahaha. yeah…

Ysaurella

it is clearly an Oolong, a fruity Oolong :)