Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Did you guys miss me? I missed you!!! I'm super sorry that I've had such a long absence but I've come back to everyone still being here and to a lovely message from...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “I finally made my last groupon-style tea order. I tend to sit on my groupons (or in this case, kgb deal) until they're just about to expire, and then I use them. I bought a lot of these types of...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1942 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Amanda* for sharing this tea with me! Its lovely! I visited the site and was shocked at the low prices there but I shall refrain (for now) in placing an order. This has the PERFECT...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I ordered more of this last night after the wonderful *Daniel Mann* from the Georgia Tea Company gave me a discount because of my car troubles. I waffled on this one a tiny bit because I'm still...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes

From Georgia Tea Company

An excellent black tea with coconut, almond and vanilla flavoring. A Christmas favorite. Great with sugar and cream!

About Georgia Tea Company View company

Ahhhh my pouch is mislabeled as White tea, and I kept sniffing this bag and going ‘you know, this looks awfully dark for white tea’. Thanks for clearing this up, Steepster :) I have been enjoying my black teas in the morning and this one has made its way to the top. In the bag it smells of delicious angel food cake. The bag also says to give it a long steep time, so I am going to give that a shot.

Okay, this really is delicious brewed hot. This is the next candidate for my steeping in steamed soy milk with a touch of honey. It’s just desserty enough to be good for that. I’d love to see this flavor combined with decaf earl grey to make an amazing after dinner treat. Anyway, it retains its sweet -nilla wafer/angel food taste very well.

Mmm… coconut. It smells nicely like coconut. The almond/ vanilla flavour is more subtle. (This would be good to warm up in winter).

Overall, very nice.

The “almond” flavor is more of a sweet/slightly cherry/amaretto flavoring, not a natural nutty almond flavor. The scent of the tea in the bag is strongly dominated by this sweet component.

The steeped tea is not as intensely flavored as expected, given the strong scent. The coconut seemed to dominate, followed by the almond/amaretto, and vanilla was a distant third. But it has a really nice black tea base that never got bitter, and never overwhelmed the other flavors.

The second steep had even less almond/coconut flavoring, and the black tea base came through more. Still very nice cup due to the quality of the black tea.

Thanks to Dinosara for this generous sample!
I steeped a heaping teaspoon and all I could taste is black tea with some kind of flavoring behind it. I don’t know if it was vanilla-y or nutty…but it wasn’t very good. Taste was ok but the smell was just like playdoh. I don’t know if the tea was just old or from a bad batch but it just wasn’t what I was expecting since it got some many awesome reviews. Oh well…better luck next time!

Pretty much perfect in every way! The almond flavor comes across as strong, sweet amaretto. The coconut and vanilla flavors are not as strong as the almond, but are still very noticeable. Even brewed strong, I don’t get any bitterness with this tea. This one definitely helped perk me up this morning. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

I really enjoyed this tea. I have been making lattes with it and it is delicious!! Its exactly what a flavored dessert tea should be!! Love the coconut flavor and the smell is like cookies.