Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

• “Steep Information: Amount: 1 teaspoon Water: ~8 ounces hot spigot water Tool: make your own paper teabag Steep Time: a little over 3 minutes (using Steep.It) Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “I want to thank Kristin for this tea! This is (so far) my 2nd favorite Currant Tea. This is flavorful without being chemical or fake tasting. The aroma is pleasant without being over the top. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I like this tea. The black base seems to be of high quality. It's not bitter at all and it has some earthiness in the smell. The flavoring is nice, but tastes more like peaches than currants......” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “*TTTTB* I really wish I liked this tea...but the flavour just hits a wrong note with my palate. It comes across rather generically fruity and - although not unpleasant - just doesn't bring me...” Read full tasting note
    Pyroxy 157 tasting notes

From Georgia Tea Company

A black tea with currants.

About Georgia Tea Company View company

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teaspoon
Water: ~8 ounces hot spigot water
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 3 minutes (using Steep.It)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: FRUITY!
Steeped Tea Smell: fruity, black tea
Flavor: smooth black tea, hints of fruity
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: fruity
Liquor: translucent orange-brown

I won these teas in a contest that was run by Dan on Steepster that was great fun, and got me tea prizes! Dan will be running the contest monthly, so keep an eye out!

I am playing a game with the samples, this was morning roll #4

Next time I think I should add sugar. It’s a good fruity tea, but an afternoon tea not a wake you up tea.

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/06/georgia-tea-company-loose-leaf-black_18.html

Rating: 2/4 leaves
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options

Rabs

I do hope that you get a 6 and soon! :)

AmazonV

me too!

I want to thank Kristin for this tea! This is (so far) my 2nd favorite Currant Tea. This is flavorful without being chemical or fake tasting. The aroma is pleasant without being over the top. It’s juicy but you can still taste the black tea, too! Backlogging from the weekend…

I like this tea. The black base seems to be of high quality. It’s not bitter at all and it has some earthiness in the smell. The flavoring is nice, but tastes more like peaches than currants… it’s almost like a mix of peaches and raisins. I like it more and more as it cools.

I think this would make an excellent iced tea and will try that sometime later this week.

TeaEqualsBliss

YAY! Another Georgia Tea Company Success Story!!!

TTTTB

I really wish I liked this tea…but the flavour just hits a wrong note with my palate. It comes across rather generically fruity and – although not unpleasant – just doesn’t bring me enough joy to even finish the cup.

Boiling 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Backlog:

Georgia Tea Company nails the black currant flavor on this tea … and I like that it doesn’t overpower the flavor of the rich black tea base. A moderate astringency. Tangy and slightly sweet with hints of raisin.

Not an artificial currant flavor, it has that tart flavor that I’d expect from a currant tea. I’m not usually a big fan of tart, but, this IS a black currant tea, so I expected it here, and it isn’t too much. Somewhat reminiscent of wine. Nice.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/03/09/black-currant-flavored-black-tea-georgia-tea-company/