Rooibos Mirage

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “Orange, vanilla and… _cactus_? Really? So weird! And the smell is kind of weird, too. It’s simultaneously herbal, vegetal, citrusy and a little… crisp. I can’t tell if mixed in with all that...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells herbally. I can smell the orange too tho! This is sweet and floral and herbal and citrusy and almost plant-like but in a good way. Very interesting, very different. Tastes good...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This has a very interesting aroma - I can smell the vanilla notes, the citrus-y notes, and some of the nutty tones of the rooibos. I am also getting some of the herbal-y scent that the others who...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes

From Georgia Tea Company

Red rooibos and green rooibos blend with orange peels, vanilla and cactus flowers. Delicious!

About Georgia Tea Company View company

Orange, vanilla and… cactus? Really? So weird! And the smell is kind of weird, too. It’s simultaneously herbal, vegetal, citrusy and a little… crisp. I can’t tell if mixed in with all that is the sour rooibos smell that I detest so much or if it’s something more pleasant that I just don’t know how to properly register.

And now I’m going to say something I never thought I’d say. The sour rooibos taste is there but it works. It somehow blends into the orange, is softened by the vanilla and matches oddly well with the cactus (or at least what I recall cactus tastes like from the one time I’ve had it). It’s crisp, natural, smooth and fresh in a sharp, clean way.

This is definitely a different tea. I never would have thought that the flavors would work based on the description but it does. It’s pretty outside the norm but I could definitely see it growing on me. I’m kind of on the fence about whether I’d order it or not but the more I think about it, the more I think I would get it just to see exactly how much it would grow on me.

Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for this share!

Angrboda

Orange, vanilla and cactus? How did they come up with those ingredients? It sounds like a random pick. Or when I make pizza. ‘oh, this is good, oh some of this too, oooooh and this, and this, and this, and ooooh we like these’ etc. :p

Auggy

Maybe they have a wheel that they spin. One spin was orange, the next vanilla but then they went ahead and spun it one more time…. Hehe – they made it work though, weird as it seems!

This smells herbally. I can smell the orange too tho!

Very interesting, very different. Tastes good tho! I would drink again!

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

It’s a green and red rooibos mix and also has cactus blossoms in it!

TeaEqualsBliss

I must say I am digging the red and green together in this and in some others I have had!!

This has a very interesting aroma – I can smell the vanilla notes, the citrus-y notes, and some of the nutty tones of the rooibos. I am also getting some of the herbal-y scent that the others who have logged tea notes on this blend have mentioned. They meld together into this unified scent that is a little bit of everything. It’s different but it isn’t unpleasant. I like it.

And I am also enjoying the flavor. I like the combination of red and green rooibos, I think that the fruitier tones of the green help to cancel out some of the funkier flavors of the red. It has a nice creamy background from the vanilla, and the orange is fainter than I expected. I don’t know that I can actually pinpoint or describe the flavor that is emitted from the cactus flowers, but I can tell that there is something different about this. Almost a weird, sour flavor that hits the back of the throat. Again, not unpleasant, just unusual.