Rocky Horror Spice

Edit tea info Last updated by momo

• “I purchased this tea from virtuous teas a local tea shop, however, it is the identical tea. I do not want to make a separate listing for the same tea as the shops must source it from the same...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 217 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to *JennyFur* for sharing some of this with me in our swap! I love Rocky Horror. I love it so much that most years I find an excuse (at least once) to dress up like Magenta and make a...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 944 tasting notes
  • “Thank you AMANDA for a bit of this one!!! This is a fun one! it's colorful and smells like a sugary chai. I can taste a bit of pumpkin, various spices, the sugary candies, a little citrus, and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #12 from Another Traveling Tea Box* First off, I need to stop scorching my tongue on black tea. I think that's the third time in so many weeks. Secondly, I love love LOVE the...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes

From Georgia Tea Company

Pumpkin spice black tea blend which combines the flavors of hibiscus, rosehip, rooibos, cinnamon, apple and orange with pieces of tiny candy confetti. A luscious tea – the perfect pick-me-up to enjoy before a midnight screening!

About Georgia Tea Company View company

I purchased this tea from virtuous teas a local tea shop, however, it is the identical tea. I do not want to make a separate listing for the same tea as the shops must source it from the same place.

I LOVE the sprinkles and candy pumpkins. They are so festive!

It is a pumpkin spice tea with some other notes of flavors. The other flavors listed are: hibiscus, rosehip, rooibos, cinnamon, apple and orange and I can taste how these flavors make it different from other pumpkin spice teas I have tasted. YUM! What a festive way to start Friday.

Boiling
Tommy the Toad

I would drink that just for its name :) “what you drinking?” Rocky Horror lol

aimeejp

that one sounds great!!

Thank you to JennyFur for sharing some of this with me in our swap!

I love Rocky Horror. I love it so much that most years I find an excuse (at least once) to dress up like Magenta and make a fool of myself in costume. This past Hallowe’en I did so, and I’d say 85% of the people I came in contact with looked at me quizzically when I said who I was. Sigh. Ten years ago, most people while out and about would literally jump me to guess who I was dressed as, or would start singing a song from the movie as I walked by.

Thus, I wanted to try this tea. Anything with the same moniker, I’d be sure to love, right?

My first sip was less than pleasant, and I seriously considered dumping it right then and there. Chemical cinnamon spice and something off and sweet assaulted my taste buds. Huh?

Okay, okay. I left it a few more minutes and tried again. There’s a an odd spice in here that I’m struggling to place. It’s also a bit drying and tart, likely from something hibiscus-y. There’s a lot going on in here, and none of it works, in my opinion… I’m just going to leave the rating off this review and say it’s someone else’s cuppa. :)

Roswell Strange

Leeeettssss do the Timeeeee Warp Agaaaaaaiiinnnnn! ;)

__Morgana__

Haha, I was a Magenta clone too. ;-)

Yvonne

Love the name – too bad it didn’t live up to par! :(

Isaila

It’s just a jump to the left…

MissB

Y’all made me laugh my butt off tonight. Thank you!

Roswell Strange

And then a step to the riayayayayaight! Put your hands on your hips, and bring your knees in tiayayayayayight! But it’s the pelvic thruuuust, that really drives ’em insayayayane! Leeeeets do the Timeeee Warp Agaaiiiiinnn!

Thank you AMANDA for a bit of this one!!!

This is a fun one! it’s colorful and smells like a sugary chai. I can taste a bit of pumpkin, various spices, the sugary candies, a little citrus, and just a touch of tart which I will chalk up to the hibiscus! This is NOT Hibiscus-Intense and I LOVE THAT!!! Totally agree with Amanda in saying those who choose to add Hibiscus to their teas need to take note, here!!! PAY ATTENTION! Just a little dab is all you need – IF – at all you need!!!

There is a bitter-spice end sip but it smooths out very nicely in the aftertaste. This is really something unique! I LIKE THIS!

Tea #12 from Another Traveling Tea Box

First off, I need to stop scorching my tongue on black tea. I think that’s the third time in so many weeks.

Secondly, I love love LOVE the name.

But I’m glad I tried this before I read the ingredients, because hibiscus and rosehips (especially together) make me so nervous. Luckily there was no hibiscus flavor to be found here! What I did find was a lightly pumpkin-ed spiced tea with some bright citrus notes. There’s a bitter note in each sip that does disappear after it’s swallowed, but I can’t say I care for it. I wish there was more pumpkin and less spice — this borders on (not super spicy) pumpkin chai levels.

Several months back I broke my no sprinkles in my tea rule and bought this based on the name only. My All Hallows’ Eve tradition has always been to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show with a group of friends and if we could find it on the big screen, even better. I’m going to be missing out on that tradition this year, but I have it on DVD and fully plan on watching it after my son goes to bed. It probably isn’t appropriate for a 2 year old, I didn’t even see it for the first time till I was 5 or so (this is a pretty long tradition of mine, haven’t you noticed? I used to watch this every Halloween at my grandpa’s house.) Gah, I just did the math and that means I’ve seen this movie at least 25 times.

I didn’t end up loving this tea, in fact, I was disappointed that despite the description there was no pumpkin to be found. There were a number of flavors listed in the ingredients that didn’t really stand out to me. Most of what I tasted was cinnamon and spice with a bit of a bitter flavor at the end of each sip. I actually made this a few days ago, gave up on it almost immediately, and stuck it in the fridge. Several days later the flavors melded a bit and I enjoyed it more, but I still didn’t love it. In fact, the name is what I loved most about it.

I read the reviews before I tried this and was horrified at the mention of hibiscus. Its one of my least favorite tea additives. Luckily I don’t even notice it in the cup I’m drinking at the moment. This is like a warm pumpkin chai with a nice subtle pumpkin. Definitly a fan of more then just the name.

Yay for nearby companies with awesome tea! I wanted so many of the seasonal holiday teas that Georgia Tea Company has. I figured this would be the best one to have first since it’s more fall than winter. The dry leaf smells like Halloween candy in the bag, you know, when it’s all together in there. Seriously reminded me of sticking my head in my bag of candy looking for what to eat first when I was a kid. Kind of awesome to get such a memory back from tea before even drinking it!

It’s a pumpkin spice tea. I thought I wasn’t a fan of pumpkin drinks, but I tried pumpkin spice coffee and loved it, so it was only natural to then go to tea. It’s a nice flavor, not overpowering, which is how I like it. There’s a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon, and just a little sweetness and even citrusy notes. It’s so awesome. This is totally how you do it if you’re going to add hibiscus to something.

There are of course sprinkles in this tea, which is an automatic winner in my eyes. And the name is awesome.

I cannot wait to try more of the teas I ordered. I will not drive down the interstate and raid your warehouse, Georgia Tea Company. I swear.

Tea #11 from Another TTB

Meh, another fall-spice tea let down. Rocky Horror spice. Where is the spice? Tim Curry would not approve.

TTB Tea 11: I remember having this a long time ago and really liking this, but now it just seems kinda weak.