Glenburn Monsoon - FTGFOP

Flowers, Raisins, Tobacco, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Thomas Smith

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First Steepster review. A local tea house to my location in Colorado is called Happy Lucky. We are fortunate to have them, they carry a number of teas from the Glenburn estate and so far I have...” Read full tasting note
    jslaton09 1 tasting notes

From Glenburn Tea - Direct

Made in the late summer months from July to September when the estate is in full production with perfect weather conditions, our monsoon harvest is specially plucked from select fields with clonal plants that give Glenburn tea its own unique character. Our Monsoon teas are characterized by a rich amber cup that is full bodied and smooth on the palate. The flavour can also be complimented with a dash of milk unlike Darjeeling Teas from most other seasons.

Brewing Instructions: 2.5g in 200ml (7 fl-oz) of water at 100°C (212°F) for 4-5 minutes.
OR:
1 tea spoon for 1 English tea cup, or 2 tea spoons per American coffee mug

About Glenburn Tea - Direct View company

1 Tasting Note

First Steepster review. A local tea house to my location in Colorado is called Happy Lucky. We are fortunate to have them, they carry a number of teas from the Glenburn estate and so far I have found all that I have tried to be enjoyable. I am relatively new to the tea world and although I have a thirst for knowledge and am an apt learner I still don’t have a world of experience under my belt yet. I will try my best.

Although the Monsoon season isn’t my favorite I certainly don’t find anything in the tea to be objectionable. Unsteeped It has initial flowery notes, purple flowers which are quickly masked by a strong aroma of raisins and a slightly sweeter raw tobacco.

The liquor is a medium, slightly dark raw honey hue and while not see through is very transparent, almost like a white tea or lightly oxidized Oolong (which if I undertand correctly Darjeeling is more like an Oolong than a traditional black, typically oxidized m not sure if this was due to the increased time (90 seconds) or the tea leaves characteristics.

Flavors: Flowers, Raisins, Tobacco, Wood