Ginger Drink

Ginger, Honey, Sweet, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni
Boiling

From Gold Kili

Its only two ingredients are dehydrated ginger and honey. That’s it.

About Gold Kili View company

It sound ominous, doesn’t it? “Ginger Drink.” Reminds me of drinking Malk, now with Vitamin R! ;)

Let me assure you that this isn’t ominous at all. It’s dehydrated ginger and honey, and that’s it. It is also the second most brilliant thing ever when you are sick.

Feeling nauseous? Drink some of this. Sniffly, throat hurting, feeling achy and generally terrible? Drink some of this. It’ll perk you right up, seriously. Boiling water, maybe a little milk, and you’re good.

I may love it because of family associations, though. Y’see, my aunt had this family remedy for illness. Peel + slice up fresh ginger, then boil in a pot of water until the water gets really, really gingery. Pour it into your mug over crushed red chilli pepper flakes. Add a little honey or sugar if you like to sweeten it up. Milk also acceptable.

She was right, too. I felt better every time. The combination of ginger and chilli peppers can lick just about any feeling of sickness.

This is a lot like that, only with less effort involved. When you’re sick, chances are good you probably don’t feel like peeling ginger. (The slicing’s easy, but peeling ginger sucks out loud.) I’ve got a stockpile of this on hand for anytime I’m feeling at all under the weather. :)

Boiling
S

I love the name of this tea, too…I actually thought of how they label stuff that looks like orange juice but is really HFCS and orange coloring “Orange Drink”. It’s just so…descriptive. Lol.
(Why are my bones so brittle? I always drink lots of…malk?)

Janefan

that’s great! I’ve had ginger green tea + lemon + honey + chili pepper flakes a few times this winter. If I wake up with a stuffy head it is the surefire way to clear it quick! I also keep ginger candies (Gin Gins brand) on hand at home and in my purse for nausea/carsickness etc.

takgoti

Slashed an artery? Drink some of this. [Sorry, had to do it.]

Anyhow, this sounds pretty good. Especially since I’ve really not been digging straight chamomile lately.

Sabina

In trad Chinese medicine ginger + chili are yang – good for any yin unbalance, like winter colds, chills, or menstrual pains. :)

GingerAddict

Is it spicy by itself? I love spicy ginger tea!

Chailady

This is my favorite of the Instant ginger teas so far. Yes , it’s very spicy. I’ve actually never used it alone. I added it to my chai and it makes it wonderfully peppery and have that great ginger heat! I use about a teaspoon per cup of chai. Asian food stores carry several brands of this same type of thing. The others are a little sweeter and not as hot, so if you like heat and spiciness, this is your brand. Ginger tea is always my go-to drink for nausea or feeling bad in general.

I know this is not really tea per se, but it is already in the data base so I thought I would give my review.

I have become addicted to bento. For most of my life I have been addicted to Asian cuisine, very specifically Japanese. And every once in a while I fancy myself an amazing chef and try my hand at making some delicious food. Just a note, Japanese chefs are amazingly skilled, that stuff is hard to pull off and make taste good. But even harder to pull it off and make it look good too. Throughout my bento quest I have been doing a lot of experimenting. So long story, I decided this weekend I was going to go all out and make sushi. I haven’t made sushi in such a long time. I ended up doing maki-sushi, a whole bunch of different onigiri, tamygoyaki, and some lettuce rolls. I wasn’t even hungry by the time I had everything prepared.

So anyway the point of this story is that I had to go shopping for ingredients, and I couldn’t find everything I wanted and I was scouring the shelves and came across this. And of course, I had to buy it.

I was not expecting too much, but if you were sitting in the room with me, this was my review: coughs out loud and then “WOW!”.

Holy spice, Ginger Drink! I actually used more water then recommended too. This comes packaged in individual servings. The granules are actually a fare size, they reminded me of yeasty coloured pellet fish food (gross, I know). The smell was kind of ginger but you could also strongly smell honey. After the tea is dissolved it smells strongly ginger, but it is almost not like real ginger. Is there such a thing as fake ginger? The taste of this is definitely kick you in the face ginger. There is quite a bit of spice too it. There is a very strong honey sweetness. There is more honey then I would have liked but this will work.

Someone in one of the threads was asking about teas for your nose? Well this one would definitely get your nose running and your sinuses clear.

Anlina

My partner drinks this several times a day. It’s super tasty but a little too in your face for me to drink on a regular basis.

Mikumofu

That sounds like quite a sushi-making adventure!

Fjellrev

I’m sure your sushi is delicious! I used to make a couple vegetarian kinds at a previous job and it was so hard to truly perfect.

This sounds like an ultra strong ginger beer without the carbonation.

OMGsrsly

I love these ginger teas! And yes, Fjellrev, that’s basically what they taste like. But, ULTRA strong. :)

Lala, making sushi is so much fun! I hope you got to enjoy at least some of the finished product. :)

Ugh, PMS of doom, complete with nausea. I figured ginger might help, so my sweetie made me a cup of this. It’s sweet and spicy and incredibly potent – it tastes like pure ginger with sugar, which I think it basically is. Usually the back of the throat heat from it is nice, but last night it was a little too much.

Flavors: Ginger, Spicy, Sweet

sweetea

Saw this just yesterday, and debated getting a bag. Now I’m wishing I did. Have you tried the Ginger Matcha Latte (same company)?

Anlina

I haven’t seen any of their blends with actual tea in them, unfortunately. The stores around me only carry this and the Honey Ginger Latte, which is delicious.