Ginger Drink

Tea
Ginger, Honey, Sweet, Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by Janni
Boiling

• “It sound ominous, doesn't it? "Ginger Drink." Reminds me of drinking Malk, now with Vitamin R! ;) Let me assure you that this isn't ominous at all. It's dehydrated ginger and honey, and that's...” Read full tasting note
    janniverse 58 tasting notes
  • “Ugh, PMS of doom, complete with nausea. I figured ginger might help, so my sweetie made me a cup of this. It's sweet and spicy and incredibly potent - it tastes like pure ginger with sugar, which I...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 285 tasting notes

From Gold Kili

Its only two ingredients are dehydrated ginger and honey. That’s it.

About Gold Kili View company

It sound ominous, doesn’t it? “Ginger Drink.” Reminds me of drinking Malk, now with Vitamin R! ;)

Let me assure you that this isn’t ominous at all. It’s dehydrated ginger and honey, and that’s it. It is also the second most brilliant thing ever when you are sick.

Feeling nauseous? Drink some of this. Sniffly, throat hurting, feeling achy and generally terrible? Drink some of this. It’ll perk you right up, seriously. Boiling water, maybe a little milk, and you’re good.

I may love it because of family associations, though. Y’see, my aunt had this family remedy for illness. Peel + slice up fresh ginger, then boil in a pot of water until the water gets really, really gingery. Pour it into your mug over crushed red chilli pepper flakes. Add a little honey or sugar if you like to sweeten it up. Milk also acceptable.

She was right, too. I felt better every time. The combination of ginger and chilli peppers can lick just about any feeling of sickness.

This is a lot like that, only with less effort involved. When you’re sick, chances are good you probably don’t feel like peeling ginger. (The slicing’s easy, but peeling ginger sucks out loud.) I’ve got a stockpile of this on hand for anytime I’m feeling at all under the weather. :)

Boiling
S

I love the name of this tea, too…I actually thought of how they label stuff that looks like orange juice but is really HFCS and orange coloring “Orange Drink”. It’s just so…descriptive. Lol.
(Why are my bones so brittle? I always drink lots of…malk?)

Janefan

that’s great! I’ve had ginger green tea + lemon + honey + chili pepper flakes a few times this winter. If I wake up with a stuffy head it is the surefire way to clear it quick! I also keep ginger candies (Gin Gins brand) on hand at home and in my purse for nausea/carsickness etc.

takgoti

Slashed an artery? Drink some of this. [Sorry, had to do it.]

Anyhow, this sounds pretty good. Especially since I’ve really not been digging straight chamomile lately.

Sabina

In trad Chinese medicine ginger + chili are yang – good for any yin unbalance, like winter colds, chills, or menstrual pains. :)

GingerAddict

Is it spicy by itself? I love spicy ginger tea!

Ugh, PMS of doom, complete with nausea. I figured ginger might help, so my sweetie made me a cup of this. It’s sweet and spicy and incredibly potent – it tastes like pure ginger with sugar, which I think it basically is. Usually the back of the throat heat from it is nice, but last night it was a little too much.

Flavors: Ginger, Spicy, Sweet

sweetea

Saw this just yesterday, and debated getting a bag. Now I’m wishing I did. Have you tried the Ginger Matcha Latte (same company)?

Anlina

I haven’t seen any of their blends with actual tea in them, unfortunately. The stores around me only carry this and the Honey Ginger Latte, which is delicious.