Yunnan black tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Peter Azak

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I believe the last time I had enjoyed a Yunnan tea was from Adagio. The leaves were a mixture of beautifully light and deep browns, curled and soft, with tiny hairs. I recall golden tips and a...” Read full tasting note
    thepha 254 tasting notes

From Golden Dragon

A specially selected of buds and young leaves of tea prepared with traditional sanitary method. And giving the most fragrant flavour when cooked. An excellent drink guaranteed.

About Golden Dragon View company

1 Tasting Note

I believe the last time I had enjoyed a Yunnan tea was from Adagio. The leaves were a mixture of beautifully light and deep browns, curled and soft, with tiny hairs. I recall golden tips and a smooth and soft flavor.

This tea is rather interesting. There is clearly a musty scent, which makes me worry about the quality of this tea.

There is a mixture of dark brown leaves and stems, which is not odd. What is odd is the size of the stems, most larger and longer than the leaves. I worry some more.

The liquor is dark and cloudy, with that musty scent from the leaves. I am actually not really looking forward to tasting this tea.

And, just as I had suspected, this is a very bitter tea. The musty scent had very much shown what the quality was to this tea, which is bitter and pretty much flavourless.

daidokorocha

I stumbled upon this and I know of this tea you’re speaking of and thought I would let you know that this particular tea is NOT a Yunnan Black Tea. In China, what English speaking countries call black tea is called red tea. A black tea actually refers to a dark tea, in this case being from yunnan it makes it s a pu-erh. If you read the characters on the label it actually says pu-erh and not “black tea”. That is why the tea is musty and looks as it does.

Peter Azak

Even if it was a pu-erh tea, it was not a particularly good tea at all. Pu-erh has a distinct characteristic that I quite enjoy; this tea was just musty.